“Very disappointing”

Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glastonbury
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Firstly, why do Premier Inn and other budget hotels seem to love putting these places right next to a main road? We were lucky in that respect, we were on the car park side.
This critique is specifically about Room 106. It may be that it is just that room. On entering the smell was horrendous. I couldn't tell you what it was, but it certainly isnt the nearby sewage farm as was suggested! There were no opening windows in the hotel and the room was extremely hot. This is possibly because it appears the room is over the boiler. Certainly whatever is under this room, it kicks in periodically and lasts for about 15 seconds. It does this throughout the night!
On leaving we were asked if we enjoyed our stay and the receptionist seemed most put out when we said no....but then she was in the middle of a personal phone call at the time! Very disppointing response from a receptionist.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DesboradoTim
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Premier Inns really are the best budget hotels and definitely better than Travelodges in my opinion. The rooms are plusher and more thought has gone into the design and layout. The baths are really nice and whilst I normally have a shower as I wasn't in a rush I started the day with a relaxing hot bath which was fab. Besides the bed which isn't great with strings that 'pong' all the time the room was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very nice new Hotel but the Brewers Fair pub ajoining service is poor dont book breakfast unless you have plenty of time I was only there for 2 nights and each morning had a longer than average wait to be seated the breakfast was slow comming and was wrong both days one day sausages only barely cooked on one side next day no eggs and by the time they came my breakfast was cold . Evening meals long wait to be seated and very slow service scampi and chips is a childs portion buffet best option but all looked a bit mauled to me dont think I would risk it overall if you stay eat elswhere and you will be fine also dont expect your room to be tidied cups washed or towels straitened etc as you may be disapointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Those of you who've read my reviews will know that I rate Premier Inns as the best budget hotels available, mainly because they really don't seem at all like my experiences of budget hotels in the past! Glastonbury Premier Inn is no exception. The staff are friendly, efficient and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean and, despite the main road running past the window, there was no traffic noise at all!
Premier Inn offer a 'good night guarantee' and, as their beds are so comfortable, I was looking forward to a good night's sleep. No such luck! I found myself hauling myself on to one side of the bed whilst my husband hauled himself to the other and we spent the most uncomfortable night of our lives clinging to the edge of the bed! Some might say we could have complained to Reception and been moved to another room but, when you've been working hard all week and have travelled several hundred miles, including the mileage to Glastonbury, you can understand, we were shattered!
The following morning, we looked under the bed and it was clear the whole structure had collapsed! Struts were pushing through the fabric! I spoke to the Receptionist. She apologised and said they had had lots of problems with their Hypnos beds. It seemed they might have received a 'bad batch' as they'd had lots of complaints, particularly from people who had used Room 18!!
I have to say I was surprised they had even put us in Room 18 when the hotel was far from full but can only assume it was a tactical decision as that particular day they had the 'top men' from Premier arriving there for a meeting with representatives from Hypnos beds. Maybe our complaint helped - I certainly hope so!
The reason for only scoring this 4/5 is because I feel we should have been informed there were problems with some beds. They did, however, refund our payment, and this was done instantly.
I hope the problem will be resolved, and soon, it can't be doing Premier Inns or Hypnos beds any favours!

Room Tip: Don't use Room 18 unless you are assured by Reception that the bed issue has been resolved!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marlene W
Charlotte K, Manager at Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'd just like to apologise for the problems you had with the bed during your stay, Hypnos were out that day, we are just waiting for the issue to be resolved. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Booked two nights whilst visiting the witches market in Glastonbury ~ spotlessly clean, friendly helpful staff, view of the Tor from the room, no noise from busy main road, comfy beds, complimentary handwash/shower gel, plenty of tea/coffe/milk, spacious, good selection of TV channels, own controllable air con unit, and a good price.. What's not to like? Compared to the Travelodge down the road, the Premier Inn is a little palace.. We loved our stay, our room, and our break in enchanted Glastonbury, and shall very happily return.. :)

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for your comments, was lovely to meet you. So glad you enjoyed your stay and visit to Glastonbury. Look forward to seeing you again in the future - if you give us a call on your next visit we will make sure you have a room with a Tor view!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel in on the edge of an industrial estate with a main road on one side and a service road on the other. That said very very little traffic noise permeated the building. Our room 220 faced the industrial side, on the left was a Scewfix outlet and on the right a Howdens, in between them was a scrubby bit of land waiting to be built upon, and behind that a sewage farm. We had no problems with smell as there was air conditioning and windows were sealed tight . The room as always with Premier Inn was very comfortable and clean and the staff courteous and cheerful. The Brewers Fayre next door was pretty good, very popular with the locals. Easy to reach was Cheddar Gorge(about 14 miles) Wells Cathedral(7 miles) and of course Glastonbury itself, truly a one off!!

Room Tip: there is alift so stairs are not a problem
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A lovely new build hotel. Excellent service and location. Highly recommend this hotel. A 15 minute walk into town and facilities. Really enjoyed stay would return back to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Travelodge Glastonbury
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Wookey Hole Hotel
Wookey Hole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole

Been to Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel? Share your experiences!