“Terrible.. twice. Never again.”
Review of Brewers Fayre

Brewers Fayre
Ranked #43 of 55 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Shepton Mallet
“Terrible.. twice. Never again.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Having already been deeply dissapointed before after my soup.order slipped through the net I decided, with a friend, to re visit and try and get a soup this time. We sat down and browsed the menu, ordered our drinks and two soups. Then we waited.. and waited..30 minutes later I went up to ask about our order. Which had again got lost. Now it want busy (Sun eve) there was one other table of four.. and two lads cleaning all the tables.. so what is going on here? An apologetic waiter came out and we settled into our soup. The ox tail soup looked good and apparently tasted good but my tomato soup, although piping hot was tasteless and watery. on the plus side the staff, although useless were friendly. The food I guess is also useless but looks good.. never ever again.

Wells, United Kingdom
“Bad on opening and getting worse - Avoid!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Arrived and waited a short time for the table to be cleaned, so went on and ordered. Ordered 1 meal from the menu and 1 buffet, would have been one more order but one of the staff was rude to the wife so she decided not to eat - pity we did not join her! We had a bogof voucher which was declined, so the order was adjusted to comply exactly with T&C's, this all before we had even got to our table!
our table was ready at 18:40 - we sat and waited and waited and waited, no apology, no nothing
1hour and 7 minutes later the 2 meals arrived, one not at all as ordered and a paid for extra missing, the other cold and inedible - this time the waiter did apologise for the slow service.
Neither meal was finished and at no time were we approached and asked if the meal was ok.
I have emailed whitbreads about our experience and not recieved a reply.
The whole experience totally unprofessional and inept

• Visited June 2014
“What you expect from brewers fayre!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times now. The very first time wasn't too soon after it first opened. I had a chicken ceaser salad. I got halfway through and found a rather large piece of plastic wrapping in it. Not sure how this went unnoticed whilst preparing the food. I did tell the waitress, and kindly we were given a free pudding. On another visit I remember we had to wait for ever for our food to come out, even though it wasn't very busy. However on my most recent visit, I couldn't fault anything. It was for a friends birthday, which was mentioned to one of he waitresses. And very kindly she popped a candle in her pudding and got the whole place singing happy birthday :). Much to my friends embarrassment! It made for a relaxed and fun evening. Hope to have more pleasant visits here.

• Visited March 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“long wait but lovely meal”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

went on a very busy evening, the last night of theire buy one get one free deal. lucky we booked a table, We ordered our meal at the bar as normal, starter arrived after about 15 minutes, we then had an hour wait for our main meal. It would have been nice if the staff had advised us of the delays in the meals, however the manager was very apologetic and the when the meal did arrive it was very enjoyable. Will go there again but avoid promotional events.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Good service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Friendly staff, good breakfast. Special mention to Olly, very helpful. Friday night was a buffet night, good value

Visited May 2014