“Big disappointment”

Ranked #33 of 56 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Oh dear, oh dear. We raved about the restaurant's Italian food after our previous visit, but it's gone totally down now. The big blackboard choice was hugely reduced; the quality of the food was fairly basic; the service was barely acceptable. What made this worse was that we dragged our friends along having told them how good it would be. They hated it!

What a shame!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were staying overnight nearby and chose this restaurant purely on kerb appeal and menu choice - we weren't disappointed!
My son, whilst a hearty eater, is somewhat fussy! we had the garlic bread to share and whitebait as a starter - not that we got to eat much of the whitebait as after my son tasted one piece he declared it the best he had ever had and downed the lot! The main courses did not disappoint either and were served quickly and without fuss, but with a friendly smile. The staff were helpful, friendly and around when needed. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went for a birthday meal. Had garlic mushrooms for starter and my other half had bruschetta and was really nice. The pizza for main was equally as nice. The only down fall was the service seampt low but when we came out we realised it wasnt that bad - was in there an hour and half for 2 courses. The ambience is good and food good too.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Prawn cocktail sub standard, as was the steak and chips, Steak was waterlogged, chips all 8 of them just chucked on the plate, and salad all poorly presented, chefs couldn't even be bothered throwing a vinaigrette over the salad. The king prawn tagliatelle had just 3 prawns, absolute joke! Don't waste you time or money here.

1  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We ate here on Good Friday and as I wanted to avoid meat, I found that there was very liitle choice of non meat dishes...they could have put specials on, considering a lot of people will only eat fish on Good Friday!
I ended up with a smoked salmon pasts dish, which quite honestly was tasty but lacked the salmon! I have to push to pasta around the plate to find the tiniest flakes of salmon, which were hard to find!!
I was not impressed at this especially as I paid nearly £12 for what was essentially a plate of pasta and peas!
All in all an expensive night with little to get excited about.