“Jean”

No. 51 Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

What a delightful couple who made us feel most welcome in their immaculate and comfortable property. Overlooking a lovely park (one of the rooms with a view of The Tor) the accommodation provided peace & quiet, interrupted only by birdsong and the odd inquisitive squirrel. Within walking distance of The Tor, Chalice Well & Gardens & town centre with its intriguing array of shops which we visited having been fortified by an excellent breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean J

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have stayed twice now at No 51, first time in the Tor room and the second time in the Abbey room, both were superb. Lovely décor, fabulous luxury bathrooms, crisp white bedding and fluffy towels.
Breakfast was cooked by our lovely hosts and there was plenty of it to set you up for your day, whether a brisk walk up the tor or into the lovely town. A good location as it wasn't too far to walk back after an evening out. I think we will be regular visitors to this true little gem of a B and B.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights at 51 .it is a wonderful bed and breakfast and Malcolm and Marion are perfect hosts .Malcolm does a delicious cooked breakfast and nothing is too much trouble.Each day we came back to our room to find a piece of cake for each of us homemade by Marion.The decor ,bedding and bathrooms are perfect and we guarantee you will love a stay at 51

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and you will not be disappointed with any of them
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I can't remember where I discovered No51 online - but I'm glad I did! The Park room was lovely; warm, comfortable, quiet and sparkling clean and with superb views across the park.

The room has under-floor heating, which kept it snug and warm when it was frosty outside - but has a thermostat so you can adjust it to your personal preference.

The bed was one of the best I've slept in; extremely comfortable and with good quality linen, duvet and pillows. The beverage tray was very well supplied, with further provisions of the usual requirements, and other types of tea such as herbal varieties, available on the dresser in the hallway.

The en-suite shower room has an excellent shower with, as others have reported, a fantastic "eco-camel" shower head that is so efficient and pleasurable. The en-suite was also nice and warm with a heated towel rail - and it's nice to have an opening outside window; you don't always get one of those.

Breakfast was wonderful - I just wish you could get that sort of delicious and well-cooked food calorie-free! Malcolm and Marion are superb hosts and make you feel extremely welcome and "at home" straight away. I stayed in a great many B&Bs when I was working and I have found that there are a few places where the last thing you'd want is to be made "at home" but at No51, it's the greatest compliment you could receive as it's exactly the sort of home you'd love to live in.

The overwhelming feeling is that there is a generosity of spirit and hospitality here - no sign of stinginess when it comes to the beverage tray, warmth, quality, food or welcome.

Thank you both for a lovely "one-nighter" and I hope it won't be the one and only.

Room Tip: I loved the Park room. It was on the ground floor and was very comfortable and quiet - but none of t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you want complete value for money and you want to book a first rate B&B in Glastonbury - No 51 is definitely the place to stay! A friend and I cycled from Bristol to Glastonbury a few weeks ago and needed somewhere decent to stay on our arrival. We were met by Malcolm & Marion at the door who run the business. They were extremely friendly, easy going and straight forwards. As we made our way into the house we realized immediately we'd chosen very well. The house was pristine, and beautifully presented and decorated throughout not to mention the cleanliness second to none! Immediately we were offered a drink and on choosing tea was presented with a beautifully appointed tray with a pot of tea and home made cake. The twin room we were given was ensuite and can only be described as that which you would find in a high end five star hotel. Now comes the best bit !This is a total first for me - the owners have invested wisely in the most important equipment of all - the beds and pillows! I am not a good sleeper but after my night sleeping on a high quality set up, I felt totally rested the next day.
I really cannot praise the services provided here enough and wish the site allowed for a six star rating. If you doubt what you read here, you really must stay here to see what I am saying is absolutely true - if so - you will not be disappointed. Finally, the breakfast (of course) again, was excellent!
Thank you Malcom & Marion for a wonderful stay - we'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
no51, Owner at No. 51 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

We are really delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at No 51. Hopefully the weather was kind to you on your cycle homewards.

We look forward to seeing you again and your wives when you are next in the area.

Best wishes, Marion and Malcolm

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Ist class accommodation. Everything was lovely and clean and all the little extras made our stay even better. Malcolm and Marion went that extra mile to make us very welcome, we both felt as if they were our friends. One of the best B&B'S we have stayed in. Would definitely recommend their place. It was also very close to town just a quick walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I can only agree with all the other reviewers: spotlessly clean, very welcoming, excellent food, lovely views over the Abbey grounds. Will use again and recommend to others. Short walk to town and all attractions. Owner building additional accommodation at time of writing. Helen and Crombie, Faversham

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family