“The best B and B I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glastonbury White House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
The Glastonbury White House
Ranked #11 of 56 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bath, United Kingdom
“The best B and B I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I went to the White House to get away for a few days and it was the perfect retreat. The room was comfortable and beautifully furnished, as was the whole house. Everything was ethically sourced, from the soap, teabags and breakfast ingredients, through to the sheets and towels. Carey is a sensitive and welcoming host and has created a wonderfully friendly and relaxing environment. You don't have to have (or pay) for breakfast if you don't want it - I did, and loved it.

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Bedroom and bathroom were spotless, with a good supply of towels. Our breakfast (cooked veggie) was cooked fresh as we entered the dining area, the quality and quantity was first rate.
All things considered, my wife and I spent a most enjoyable long weekend with Carey, and would have no hesitation in recommending this guest house to our friends and family.
See you again Carey. Blessings from Mike & Nola.

Room Tip: Bedroom and bathroom were spotless, with a good supply of towels. Our breakfast ( veggie) was cooked...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Great location and Carey is a lovely lady. I keep coming back to this place simply because of the warm reception, comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. Its the perfect place to unwind and relax when you want to get out of London. I'll be back next year...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is my third visit in as many months. I've slept so well each visit in a very calm and very well presented room -The West Room. I've already booked another visit for June and will try the other bedroom.
Carrie the owner is most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. She arranged a special breakfast for me ( I have serious allergy) and is around if you need advice on Glastonbury and surrounding area - she helpfully provides map and can recommend local restaurants. Excellent service.

Room Tip: West Room - peaceful and calming - excellent sleep
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is the third time we've stayed here and every time is just a delightful as the last. From the moment of walking through the door there is a feeling of calm and tranquility partly due to the beautiful house which Carey has wonderfully furnished with beautiful fabrics and furniture but also in very large part to the sense of comfort and welcome that envelops you.
We've always stayed in the master bedroom which I love for having a wonderful sense of space, the light coming from its three large windows and also the lovely large bed.
I also appreciate the full sized fridge in its little cupboard so that you have the convenience but without having to look at it.
The bathroom is my partner's favourite of anywhere he's every stayed - roll top bath with great shower and lovely old style fittings but without sacrificing modern conveniences. It's a beautiful room just like the bedroom.
More than anything though I like that Carey just wants you to be comfortable and enjoy yourself. If you want to sleep in until noon and be left alone then that's fine, if you want suggestions for where to eat or how to get somewhere then she's around to do that. I've had breakfast here before ( which was great ) but then I know there is always the option of not having breakfast which has been just what I wanted when havign a rest. No timetable to stick to.
She has such a wonderful knack of making you feel as comfortable as you would at home and creating an atmosphere where you can truly relax.
Having stayed here a few times now I can honestly say that my spirits lift every time I arrive, it's a joy to be here and I leave looking forward to when I'll be able to stay again.

Thanks again Carey - we love it.
Kim and Ryan

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ziegfeld_girl
stoke on trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary, for three nights.
As soon as you walked through the door it was like an oasis of calm, it was warm, welcoming and inviting, 'a home from home'.
We stayed in the West Room , which was lovely and comfortable.
The bathroom, although not en-suite is beautiful, you do have your own bathroom, which is partitioned off, so you have the sole use of it, and you can streak across the landing if you like!!.
The attention to detail is superb, eco kettle in your room, with fair trade tea and coffee, silent fridge with organic milk and water from the white spring from the Torr, the towels and bedding is lovely. There is soap in the bathroom, which again is fair trade, ( and which my husband loved and has ordered some).

Carey is a wonderful host, nothing is too much trouble.
I cannot praise the Glastonbury White House enough, we had a fantastic time, the house is beautiful. Staying here feel s more like staying with friends rather than a B&B.
P.S Carey, we did stop at the The Blue Note Cafe and had a Snitzel burger, and yes, it was lovely!!!, again thank you xx

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StokeOnTrentLolly
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

This was my second stay at the White House and was just as wonderful as the first. Everything about the place is right and you feel the calmness as soon as you step over the threshold.
The rooms are lovely, airy and bright with gorgeous fittings, decoration and perfect finishing touches. I stayed in the master bedroom -- the bed is excellent and I slept extremely well. The organic cotton sheets, towels and fabulous bath all contribute to the feeling of luxury. You also get a fridge, eco-kettle, water and milk, tea, herbal tea and coffee so absolutely nothing has been skimped on. That's also true about the breakfasts which are extremely generous and most tasty. I needed a gluten free breakfast and Carey really turned up trumps on this.
You can come and go as you please and do whatever in your own time and space -- a truly refreshing change for any busy city types. In fact I'd say the White House was an ideal place to recharge your energies and appreciate the lovely things in life.
The house is in an ideal location very near the main shops but not being in the middle of all the hub-bub. Carey is a wonderful and considerate host. I loved my time here and can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo