“Brilliant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glastonbury White House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
The Glastonbury White House
Ranked #11 of 56 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at The Glastonbury Whitehouse for 3 nights and Carey was so helpful. The B & B is excellent, food good and lovely host. Would recommend to everyone. The bed was king size and extremely comfortable. All organic cotton, organic food, couldn't ask for more

Room Tip: Room was really big with really large bathroom next door with privacy screen to get there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carey21, Owner at The Glastonbury White House, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear S & L,

Thank you so much for your review - it was a pleasure meeting you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Take care and kind regards, Carey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This small B&B is in a great location just a short walk to town and the Abbey. Carey is a wonderful host.

This is a shoe-free house, which was fine with us. The house had a lovely but faint scent of lavender and nag champa.

There are two guest rooms here, each with a dedicated bathroom located conveniently next to the room. Each guest room and bathroom combo were smartly separated by privacy panel screens, which worked well.

Our room was large, clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. During our stay, the room was neither too hot nor too cold...it was just right. The bed was comfy enough and had optional non-feather pillows.

Our bathroom was clean and large, with a big claw-foot tub/shower combo. What a welcomed site to behold--no sign of mold whatsoever! Towels and amenities were all organic.

Carey's fantastic breakfast filled our bellies with local organic vegetarian delights. Best breakfast on our entire, brief trip!

The WiFi worked quite well but is turned off at night unless you ask otherwise. Free parking on the street was relatively easy to find. A cat lives in the house, so allergy sufferers beware, though we only saw him at breakfast, and cat hair seemed pretty much non-existent. Checkout is at noon--excellent for a B&B!

The next time we're in the area, we'd most definitely return to this wonderful B&B.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carey21, Owner at The Glastonbury White House, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
My first review from the Rock n' Rollers ! Thank you for being so complimentary. I hope the gig went well ... and good luck with the next tour. Take care of each other. With kind regards, Carey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most welcoming and beautiful bed and breakfasts I've stayed in. It's certainly a place to unwind and switch off as it's in a peaceful residential area but only a stone's throw from Glastonbury High Street. In fact, you won't need a car for any of the Glastonbury attractions as everything is within walking distance.
We stayed in the Master bedroom which was large and has a lovely natural light. The crystals in the windows capture the morning light beautifully and it makes awakening feel quite magical; just fitting for a stay in Glastonbury!
There is a large fridge, eco kettle and supply of teas and coffee. Having informed Carey that I am vegan, I was very pleased to find a carton of soya milk in the fridge for my tea.
The bed is incredibly comfortable and large enough for two people to spread out. The sheets are crisp and clean. There are also two armchairs in the room with small coffee tables and different light fittings so that one person can be reading whilst the other is sleeping.
The bathroom is also large and has period feature decoration. The shower is brilliant and the environmentally friendly soaps were a nice touch. You could actually spend a few good hours in the bathroom alone! I quite liked the idea of the bathroom being outside the bedroom as it meant more privacy.
The screens are a touch of genius and mean that you can wander from bedroom to bathroom in the middle of the night should you need to!
The breakfasts are huge and you will certainly have enough fill to tide you over until teatime! Was very impressed with the vegan fry up and there was always more toast on offer! My partner had the vegetarian rather than vegan option, which included eggs and butter. I did inform the host about my vegan diet in advance and was pleased with the vegan substitutes which included sausages and sunflower spread. She has a good knowledge of different diets and, from talking to her, seems to be used to people with various dietary requirements.
The host, Carey, is a lovely person who has a very good knowledge of the local area and was able to advise us on places to eat and the best routes to take when we did venture outside the town into Wells and Wookey Hole (both of which are about 20 minutes drive away). She certainly takes her environmentally friendly principles very seriously but without compromising on the luxury you'd want whilst having a break. The house has also been designed with Feng Shui principles in mind and we were even presented with our own Feng Shui coins upon leaving! The design does mean that there is a lovely calmness throughout.
You get a good deal for what it costs. It's easily as good as any 5 star hotel with the added bonus that you are attentively looked after. You have your own key and can come and go as you wish. We didn't have any trouble with parking but Carey did offer to leave her own car on the street to reserve a spot for us. Luckily, this wasn't needed.
The next time we are in Glastonbury we will definitely book.
(The only other thing that needs to be mentioned is that there are two gorgeous cats belonging to a neighbour who sometimes visit downstairs. This didn't bother us one bit and they are very well behaved and friendly cats.)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cavegirl1980
Hi Cavegirl, how lovely to read your review about my me and my home. Thank you. Carey x
Wallasey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the White House, to break my journey home to the north west, after a holiday in Cornwall. I found Carey to be a most kind and extremely courteous hostess and cannot recommend her or her home, highly enough. Everything was of the highest quality and shows her thoughtfulness, care and high regard, not only for her guests but also our planet. Her home is welcoming, calm and tranquil. Nothing was too much trouble for Carey to ensure my stay was perfect. I loved the information that Carey provides on her home and where she sources her bedding, towels and soaps. Also a pretty map that shows you around Glastonbury. From a lovely room with full facilities, to a fab breakfast. As someone who has a diagnosed food intolerance, Carey had made sure that I had what I needed and it was really enjoyable. Thank you Carey, for a lovely stay and hope to see you again soon. Kind regards Suzanne

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Suzanne, Thank you for your kind words and appreciation of my need to be environmentally conscious. It was great to meet you. Take care and be happy. With kind regards, Carey
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Glastonbury White House and were made to feel very welcome by Carey. The room was really comfortable - we loved the house - and the location perfect for us. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello to you both, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Take care of each other. With kind regards, Carey
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the White House recently for a work related trip. It was important to me that I could rest well in a peaceful location. The White House offered me exactly that. Away from busy roads Carey offers a beautifully calm environment. The decor is tastefully subtle, the bedding crisp and fresh, and the bed really comfortable. Carey was very attentive, happy to provide lots of local information but also happy to leave me to my own solitude. I would definitely stay at the White House again. Thanks Carey.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Debbie, I am so pleased you found what you needed in my home. I hope all is going well for you and perhaps see you again when you are in the area. With kind regards, Carey
Hellevoetsluis, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have visited Carey and her lovely B&B for a few days last summer, recommended by the Lonely Planet. Carey is a friendly, sweet person who will help you where she can without overdoing it. Rooms are clean, sheets are fresh, bath is perfect. Food is biological and vegetarian. Carey is happy to provide all kinds of information when needed. Shops, Glastonbury Tor and the enchanting Chalice Well are within a nice walking distance. Whenever I will go to Glastonbury again I will no doubt visit her again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pauline B
Pauline B, thank you for your review ... I hope you made it back and the car was in one piece ! Take care and kind regards, Carey