“Superfantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Parsnips Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My friend and I have just spent two nights in Linda and Lloyds twin bedded room, well if I just said it was perfect that just sums it up! The beds were the best I have ever slept in and everything works, the shower of which I'm not normally a fan, was excellent! Super host and hostess and wonderful breakfast. Linda even helped with keeping me on my low fat diet without me feeling I was missing out on her lovely food! I can't recommend Parsnips highly enough, your every whim catered for! Linda you made our stay a great one, a treasure in Glastonbury, thank you from Dee and Denise X

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the garden was lovely and bright with two windows.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deedra2014

Reviewed 2 February 2014

A perfect stay every time - just the right balance of welcome (which is always very warm!) and privacy. The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast is the best I've sampled, having visited many other B&Bs and hotels in the UK. Thank you so much. I look forward to returning, hopefully before too long... X

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have never stayed anywhere with such consistently great reviews as Parsnips, so didn't really know what to expect! We have visited Glastonbury on many occasions but always camped, but as it is winter, we were delighted to find this immaculate, comfortable B&B a few minutes walk from the High Street.

Lynda welcomed us into her cosy house with a coffee in the sitting room, and we felt instantly at home. She couldn't have been more helpful, with suggestions as to where to eat and things to do. Our room was perfect for our needs - luxurious bed linen, comfy bed, fluffy towels, tea and coffee making, adequate storage and views over the pretty garden. The bathroom was tiny, but well designed and immaculate.

Breakfast was excellent - Lynda produced a beautifully presented plate of various fresh fruit for me, and a vegetarian cooked breakfast for my husband. Toast was locally produced organic bread, with homemade jam, and there was plentiful coffee and orange juice. It was served in the conservatory so we could watch the rain lashing down on the garden!

It was great to be able to park off-road, and because of the location of Parsnips, we didn't have to move the car for the duration of our stay, walking everywhere or taking the convenient local bus.

I'd recommend Parsnips very highly - the welcome provided by Lynda and her family is second to none, very friendly, but not at all intrusive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smokedpaprika
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for three nights at Parsnips over the New Year period. The reception I received was wonderful. There was a sense of my being very welcome before I'd even arrived through the attention and responsiveness of Lynda. As a solo traveller (on this occasion) there can be an assumption that in order to feel relaxed and welcome, I'd need to make an effort to connect. This wasn't the case at Parsnips. You arrive into what feels like a giant hug.

I could go on! Just a couple more points that are worth mentioning, the location is superb, very central to the wonders that Glastonbury has to offer. Maybe 5 minutes from the Tor, 2 from the Abbey and high street. There wasn't a need to drive anywhere.

Finally, it has to be said, the full english breakfast cooked by Lloyd was the best I'd EVER had. Three mornings running ;-)

Thanks Lynda and Lloyd, I'll most definitely be back.

Phil

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Phil_Askew2014
Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you have any concern about where to stay in Glastonbury, you cannot go wrong with Parsnips. Their appointments and breakfast were of high quality. My bed was incredibly comfortable. Their off-street parking was convenient and felt safe. Lynda and Lloyd, the owners, were quite friendly, cheerful and accommodating. As other reviewers have mentioned, Parsnips is centrally located with very easy walks to the Tor, Chalice Well, Abbey and downtown. I felt very fortunate that they had an opening during my trip there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a very comfortable 4 night stay with Linda & Lloyd who clearly take huge pride in their B&B. A beautiful converted cottage just a 5 min walk from the high street and all restaurants, the ensuite room was compact and so clean I felt like we were the first people to stay in there! Breakfast was a very decent choice with plenty of veggie options all presented beautifully. Lynda was a delight to meet and nothing seemed too much trouble...we were on a difficult 4 day workshop so it was nice to know we had a comfy and warm room to come back to at the end of the day and a delicious breakfast to wake up to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank j0anna16
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed at the Parsnips several times over the last few years on weekend breaks and highly recommend it.

Onsite parking is available and It is ideally located within easy walking distance of Glastonburys' main attractions and features - The Tor, Abbey, red & white wells, rural museum, and lets not forget those fantastic shops.

The owners Lynda and Lloyd Parsons have been genuinely warm and welcoming from my very first stay, and since then they have treated me more like a cherished friend than the occasional fleeting guest that I am. Lynda once lent me her wellies when I had forgotten my own for a very wet walk up the Tor, and she has been very tolerant of the ammount of glitter I leave in my wake after attending the Glastonbury Faery balls.

The rooms are very clean and cozy, with antique style furnishings and very modern if not overly spacious bathroom, but he showers are glorious. It is well heated, being a now acclimatised northen lass I've had to turn the radiator down more than once upon arrival.

The beds are heavenly; white Egyptian cotton, soft well-sprung mattresses and thick downy duvets. I have never had a bad nights sleep there and have often been in danger of missing breakfast which would be a dire tragedy.

Breakfast is in the conservatory overlooked by the well tended garden. All appetites are catered for be they veggie, vegan or like me shamefully carnivorous (Lynda's sausages are not to be missed) There are two courses with cereal being an optional starter or third course (if you can manage it after those sausages)

There has been a dvd player available for use on request to go with the freeview TV available in all the rooms. The livingroom has a small library of books and DVDs which guests may borrow or donate to.

Lynda also provides a daily local paper for perusal with breakfast and she usually has copies of The Oracle, a monthly esoteric guide to local events and services.

The Parsons also have self-catering appartments in the centre of town if preffered, details of which and more information on the Parsnips is available on their web site.

Room Tip: The front of house double room has a view of the Tor on a clear day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family