“Parsnips, the B&B with a heart as big as Glastonbury”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Parsnips Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Parsnips is an absolutely superb B&B.I was traveling solo and Parsnips was the perfect place to stay. Lynda and Lloyd are delightful people. The breakfasts were absolutely amazing, the rooms lovely and comfortable, and the overall warmth and friendliness of their B&B is beyond compare. It was an absolute joy to stay at Parsnips and I am looking forward to a return visit. Thank you Lynda and Lloyd!
Mae. USA

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Parsnips Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here whilst attendee Glastonbury as we wanted to avoid the delights of camping in the mud and rain. Rather than just a bed for the night it truly made the weekend more special. Beautifully maintained accommodation, perfect hosts and an excellent breakfast. We have never really explored the Somerset area, but the stay at Parsnips has encouraged us to go back as we know we'll have a fantastic base from which to start. Thanks Linda for your hospitality and Lloyd for the fry-ups. S & D.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMoominpapa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I want to share our wonderful experience at Parsnips Inn in Glastonbury. We found Parsnips Inn after much searching on the internet and we were quite intrigued with all the good reviews. Could they all really be true? I have to say a resounding “YES”!!!
We were traveling with two other couples (2 couples from Hawaii & we are from California) and we had just finished up a 12 day British Isles cruise from Southampton. We wanted to find a place in Glastonbury as a base for our travels around Glastonbury for the next several days.

We really hit the jackpot with the Parsnip Inn. From the moment we drove up, we all were quite enchanted with this lovely Inn. Linda and Lloyd are the perfect hosts and made us feel like we were long lost (welcomed) family that they had been anxiously awaiting! Linda was waiting for us with open arms along with coffee, tea and a lovely homemade cake for us travel weary guests. The Inn has three guest rooms upstairs, so we had the Inn to ourselves. The rooms are a bit small, but are very well appointed and immaculately clean. Each room has its own bathroom, along with a hair dryer and big fluffy towels hanging on a towel warmer. Also in the rooms, we had an electric tea pot with assortment of tea, a tv, wifi and oh! the bed was heavenly! I really just wanted to sink down into it and take a nap upon seeing it! Our room had a view of the Parsnips beautiful yard.

Parsnips Inn is in the perfect location for exploring all the wonders & highlights of Glastonbury. It was about a 10 minute walk into town with all kinds of interesting boutiques and a good assortment of restaurants. Linda had maps and information ready for us along with recommendations of where to eat.

The Inn had a lovely front room with big comfy couches and had room to keep our excess luggage which save us from having to take it upstairs and also freed up our room space. Linda was respectful of our privacy but was also very friendly and delightful to talk with! We could have easily chatted well into the evening with her!

And then there is breakfast! I would say that it, by far, exceeded any breakfast we had on our entire vacation! Linda and Lloyd offered a fabulous array of items for breakfast which we could “order” the night before to have a custom cooked breakfast ready for the next morning. The many breakfast options included traditional English breakfast, English porridge, eggs pretty much any way you wanted, the freshest of fruit, yogurt and scrumptious bread (including Gluten Free bread for me!) It was served in a beautiful sun porch attached to the house. I have some food allergies, and Lloyd & LInda accommodated me without any issues at all. The food was fresh, delicious and beautifully presented! It was a great way to start the day!

My only disappointed was that our stay was only for two nights! I wish it could have been longer! If we ever go back to Glastonbury, I will plan my trip around availability at Parsnips Inn and we will plan for a longer stay!

Linda and Lloyd – you’ve made wonderful lasting memories for us and our stay in Glastonbury at Parsnips Inn! Thank you with all our hearts for making our stay such a lovely one!

1  Thank kulaloni
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay with Linda and Lloyd, they took very good care of me. The breakfast was amazing, the bed was very comfortable and the house is beautiful. I can't wait to go back to Glastonbury and Parsnips. Sonja

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sonja P
Reviewed 17 June 2014

can't recommend Parsnips highly enough, wonderful hospitality from Lynda and Lloyd, perfectly situated, close to the High Street. the Tor and Chalice Well. I visit at least once a year for a mini retreat.

1  Thank Anne J
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Staying with Lynda and Lloyd at Parsnips was the highlight of our trip. We had been on a wonderful 12 day cruise around the British Isles just before our stay and all I can say is I wish they were on board the ship to make our breakfast!! We were all amazed at the incredible choice of breakfast, and between the six of us, we tried it all. Best breakfasts ever....!! The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. We felt like family, like we had known Lynda and Lloyd our whole life! Lynda had a beautiful English cake and tea waiting for us when we arrived. It was incredible! I can't remember what it's called, but it was delicious! She was so helpful and friendly. When we asked for suggestions of where to go for dinner, she pulled out maps of Glastonbury and marked the best restaurants for us. Everything was in walking distance. The town is very charming and full of wonderful history. I can't imagine finding a better B & B to stay in...anywhere! If you plan to travel to Glastonbury, don't miss this experience!! Thanks so much Lynda and Lloyd! We really meant it when we said that if you're ever in Hawaii, please come visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1KulaKat
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at Parsnips B&B for a lovely weekend as a group of girls. Super location for a quick stroll into Glastonbury, parking and a beautiful garden to sit in. We had our own lounge area and Lynda kindly provided tea, advice on where to eat out etc and even a wine cooler for our champagne! Rooms are very lovely and spotlessly clean. One of the best things is the large choice of breakfasts which are restaurant quality....fresh tomatoes and basil cooked in olive oil on fresh bread and a perfect poached egg. Lynda, Lloyd I hope you read this and hugs to Bob and Tim.

Room Tip: The rooms are all identical so everyone was equally pleased.
2  Thank Karen L