“The perfect place to stay for a trip to Glastonbury”

Glastonbury Townhouse
Ranked #3 of 55 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
“The perfect place to stay for a trip to Glastonbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I've never submitted a review before, but felt compelled to, based on the principle that excellence should be celebrated. To start with, the Town House is a lovely place to stay, spotlessly clean, well situated and full of character. These factors, on their own would be sufficient for a pleasant stay, but the host, Greg, adds so much more.

In my view, quality shows itself in the small things, the attention to detail, evidence that someone cares about what they're doing. This is very much the case with Greg, but it goes even beyond that. We felt that he really wanted all his guests to get the most enjoyment out of their visit that they could.

We wish him every success because he thoroughly deserves it. We definitely intend to return.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I am so pleased your stay prompted you to write a review. To me it means that I am doing things somewhat right though I dont claim to always manage it. It is a great pleasure to me to know my guests have enjoyed their stay and I sincerely hope to meet you again someday. Best regards

Greg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Greg is a great host, very friendly he does all he can to please. The rooms are big bright and airy. if you live coffee your love his, it's imported in from France. "C'est tres bien." plenty of choice for breakfast and he caters very well for vegetarians. he can give you all the information you need to live the Glastonbury Experience. so go and enjoy. Voila!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Hi Seraphina,

I wish my french was good enough to respond properly. Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

J'ai hâte de vous revoir. Meilleurs vœux.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

What a fantastic short break my family and I had staying with Greg at the Glastonbury Townhouse. Greg is the warmest most welcoming host we've ever had and his house is so beautiful and a real pleasure to stay in. The rooms were really nice, beds were comfortable and the shower facilities were excellent also. The breakfast was awesome, fresh fruit salad followed by a delicious cook breakfast that really set you up for the day ahead. We would definitely go back and stay with Greg, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Are family had room 1 and room 3 and both were fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Hi there, it was such fun having you to stay and catch up at breakfast on your previous days adventures around Glastonbury. It would be lovely to have you come and stay again and I would really enjoy catching up on what you have been up too.

Best wishes

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

I chose this B&B online and the deciding factors were the location and quality of the rooms. And I am glad to say that the info on the website was not exaggerated or misleading at all, as sometimes tends to happen! The Townhouse is clean and inviting and our room looked exactly like the pictures online. Ensuite bathroom was lovely too.

Having always stayed in hotels, I was concerned that the B&B experience would be abit too initimate in terms of feeling crowded by other guests. But in the 2 nights that we were there, I never even heard the guests in the next room and had 2 very peaceful nights sleep. Greg, the owner, was perfect; on hand to answer our questions and make us feel welcome but always leaving us to our own devices the rest of the time.

The Townhouse is located only afew minutes walk from the High St and close to the main sights: Glastonbury Tor, Abbey ruins and the Chalice well.

It is definitely value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Hiya, its great that you are a B&B convert and glad I could be the one to convert you :) Thanks for the lovely review and also the kind comments about the website. I hope you will come and stay again sometime.

Best wishes

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Glastonbury Townhouse, our host Greg was very welcoming, the room was excellent and so was the breakfast. Only a short walk from all the places we wanted to see in town. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Glastonbury.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review, its much appreciated. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed breakfast, I always think you need a good start to the day when you are sightseeing. I hope to welcome you to the Townhouse again.

Best

Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Greg made me feel very welcome and created a really personalised, relaxed atmosphere which was just what I needed to calm my nerves having come down for a job interview. The morning breakfast was the best I have ever had in a B&B - the fresh fruit salad was exceptional and the cooked breakfast excellent quality. Greg pays a lot of attention to detail but most of all the feel good factor comes from his warm personality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review. It was a real treat meeting you and I hope that you will get down to Somerset to visit again someday. I am pleased you felt calm when you went for your interview.

Best wishes for the future.

Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

The bus stop is right outside the house, which was very handy for us arriving with our luggage.
Had a lovely, quiet twin room overlooking the garden. Everything was spotless.
A short walk and you're on the high street with all the shops and restaurants. All the sights are within walking distance too.
Greg is a real gem. Printing off maps and advising on what to see and do. And most of all lovely chats throughout our stay.
Would definitely stay again! Thanks Greg - you're a star!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Greg B, Owner at Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Hey, so pleased you had a good stay, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you to stay. It was a pleasure chatting after breakfast, you two are both such interesting people to talk too. I hope your return journey went smoothly. It would be good to see you back in Glastonbury someday.

Warmest wishes.