“Best B&B in Glastonbury!”

The Glastonbury Townhouse
Ranked #3 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We have had the BEST two nights staying here! No request is too much for Greg the host, the breakfast was amazing and the rooms clean and well equipped. Only a few mins walk from the town centre this really is the place to stay. Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Holzfrog
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your review, it means a lot to me to get feedback both good and bad and reviews like this make my day and reinforces my resolve to maintain standards. I am blessed with the most lovely guests as you were and truly hope to see you again next time you venture down to the west country. Wishing you all the best from Glastonbury. Greg

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed a night here last Sunday as Bryan Ferry was in town for the Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza. I can only echo the other reviews. Greg is a very welcoming host - he carried our bags up and down stairs on arrival and departure, and provided us with a beautiful breakfast of fresh fruit and cooked food of our choice. Even the complimentary toiletries provided in our bathroom were more plentiful than in many 4 star hotels these days.

Can't be faulted for value and comfort :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, I am so touched that you enjoyed your stay and more importantly Mr Ferry!! I hope to see you again sometime, maybe for festival? Best regards

Greg

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My mother and I stayed 2 nights in July and were sad when it was time to leave. Greg was a most accommodating, welcoming, intuitive and intelligent host. Our room was sparkling and ever so comfortable: sumptuous bedding, plush towels, invigorating showers/baths.

The entire house was immaculate with such a soothing atmosphere. We loved the furnishings and art, and there was a light scent in the air that made us feel so at home somehow. The garden was a wonderland unto itself.

Breakfast was divine, and Greg was more than happy to honor special requests. He also had recommendations for dining and in-town attractions that did not disappoint. His kindness touched us deeply. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hey there, Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am really happy that you enjoyed staying with me and that it added something to your holiday. It will be great to see you again. Best regards. Greg

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife for one night in July.
The B&B was very easy to find located on the main road into Glastonbury. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Greg who showed us to our room (Room 3).
The room was spacious and immaculately presented. We were also told we were welcome to use the garden too.
Breakfast was served in a light and spacious dining area with patio doors leading to the garden. Not wanting a full English we had toast accompanied by a good selection of jam's and preserves.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hi, I am so pleased you had a good stay with me at The Townhouse. Next time I hope you save a little room for a bigger breakfast :). Greg

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Greg, our host could not do enough for us, the rooms were clean and fresh, at breakfast Greg gave us a few suggestions of what we might like to eat, and he went out of his way for any special requests. He was also knowledgeable of the surrounding area, and places to visit or even having a meal out in the evening or lunch. His own garden was a relaxing place to unwind.
We will look forward to spending more time there 3 nights just flew by.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back were quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hi Tracey/Darcy, Thank you so much for the lovely review, it was great having you to stay and I am so pleased you liked breakfast, and important start to the day when you are sightseeing. I hope you trip back was good and genuinely hope to see you again. Best. Greg

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the Glastonbury Festival, choosing to stay in town rather than camp, and we were delighted in our choice. This B&B was perfect -- Mike was acting as "stand in" owner, and made everything perfect. With our late night returns from the festival and slow start to the morning, Mike was incredibly accommodating, and is a fantastic chef. He had tips for how to get around, and made sure each day we were taken care of. The house is clean and well kept, modern and quite beautiful. The back garden is worth spending some time in!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am over the moon that Mike made your stay welcome whilst I was away at Festival! I knew the B&B would be in good hands but seems I have some great competition on my hands :) I hope to meet you again sometime. Best wishes. Greg

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is the best B&B ever! Spotlessly clean, wonderful breakfasts and such a friendly welcome. The efficient 'stand in' owner, Mike, could not have done more to ensure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. He took really good care of us.
We particularly enjoyed the breakfast 'chatter' and left feeling we were saying good-bye to a good friend.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Hi Adele,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that Mike did me proud in my absence, he isnt as good as me though :) haha. I hear you and your sons enjoyed festival too, wasnt the weather great! I hope that I get to meet you in person at sometime.

Best regards