“Superb B and B”

The Glastonbury Townhouse
Ranked #3 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Where to begin ? Can't praise this B and B enough. Such a warm welcome from Greg. Nothing was too much trouble. Greg is a mine of helpful information and recommendations. Then there are the breakfasts, has to be one of the best I have ever had, cooked to perfection.

Interior decor and artwork so beautiful. Rooms spotless, cosy , comfortable and welcoming.

Ideal situation for the magical town of Glastonbury. Also ideal for visiting Clark's Village and the Somerset Levels.

Thanks so much, Greg. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Aww, thank you for such a lovely review and I am glad u enjoyed ur stay and especially the breakfast. It's great you love he artwork, it's kind of a personal thing and I love it when people appreciate it. I can't wait to see you both again. Best regards, Greg

Reviewed 12 November 2013

'Nothing to complain about' sounds a bit grudging! But it's meant to be high praise for an establishment where the host is clearly working hard to get everything just right. Everything in the room and en-suite bathroom was in top condition. The Townhouse is extremely well-located for a short stroll into town. Greg's tips of places to go to for drinks and eats was sound. Comfortable beds. Cooked-to-order, substantial full English breakfasts for us - and Greg would have put himself out to meet requests for other options. He was very pleasant to chat with but also would have put himself more in the background if you're not the chatty sort! We would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honestobserver

Hi there, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. It's always nice to receive a positive review and makes it all worthwhile. I hope to meet you again next time you are in this neck if the woods. Best regards, Greg

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Aside from this being a beautiful house to stay in, Greg is perhaps one of the nicest people you could meet! A bright and warm welcome awaited us and throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble. My sister-in-law and I took a couple of days to mooch around Glastonbury and relax and are so glad we booked The Townhouse, exceptional hospitality and perfect breakfasts. The house itself is spotless, inviting and the crisp yet plump duvets and pillows and comfy beds make a welcome retreat for shopped out bodies! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to review your stay with me and I am made up that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure in having you to stay. The shopping in Glastonbury is tempting isn't it :)

Hope to see you when you fancy another shopping spree.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent one night at The Townhouse on our way to a retreat at the Penny Brohn Cancer centre near Bristol. I'd been to Glastonbury a few weeks previously with my girlfriends and wanted to go back with my husband. We arrived on a very wet Sunday afternoon via the White Spring and Godess Temple. Greg was friendly but not intrusive. Our room was a decent size with everything we needed for the night. The bed linen and towels were superb and we had a very comfortable night. Breakfast was freshly cooked and Greg went out of his way to cater for my vegan and gluten free diet. The Townhouse is situated opposite Morrisons and 5 minutes from the High street. Thanks Greg.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suemercer

Thanks for your lovely review, I am so pleased that I managed the vegan/gluten free meal to a standard you were happy with! I am no expert when it comes to both in one meal :) It was my pleasure having you to stay and I hope to see you again sometime.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I always check reviews before I stay anywhere now and as I was booking for two couples it was especially important to get it right! The welcome from Greg is very warm and he makes you feel right at home straight away. The whole experience is excellent, the décor is superb and all very clean. Breakfast is perfect and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the pancakes with fruit and maple syrup. The location is close to the town centre and we walked everywhere from the B&B, even up the Tor! No hesitation, highly recommended. All hope to return before too long.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that the pancakes were a hit! Hope to see you again when you are down this way. Best regards

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I booked a room for myself and wife for the 15th &16th of September. On arrival we were greeted by Greg and instantly made welcome. The whole place is spotless and decorated to a high standard. Very pleased with our room, and the breakfast is an excellent start to the day. The position is ideal for exploring Glastonbury and surrounding area. Nothing was too much trouble and, when I asked for something that he didn't have Greg went out and got it for me for the next day, Lovely. A gem, What a lucky find, A fantastic place to stay and we will be back and recommending it to friends. Thanks very much Greg.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clive H
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hiya, Thank you so much for your great review and I am pleased I managed to make your stay a good one. Sorry for the delay in responding, I have obviously been a little remiss! Hope to see you both again. Best regards

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Looking at accommodation in Glastonbury, we were looking for somewhere in easy walking distance to town and parking.
So we looked at this Tripadvisor site and couldn't believe Greg's place's reviews.
Well, we had to check this out and it had all of the above box ticking items, but our host was without doubt, the most charming, erudite, interesting 'hotelier' ever - advising on pubs and eateries (including great discounts) etc.....
Thanks for everything, Greg - the only host Christine has kissed on leaving a B&B!
Cheers mate

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg B, Owner at The Glastonbury Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

I am so glad I didnt disappoint, I hope you didnt mind my kissing Christine on the cheek!! Seriously, its always my pleasure to make my guests feel comfortable and looked after, if I manage that (along with clean bedrooms and a good breakfast) then my job is done. My total pleasure having you to stay.

Hope to see you again next time you are in Glastonbury.

Best

Greg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Travelodge Glastonbury
#5 of 5 in Glastonbury
The Covenstead Glastonbury
The Covenstead Glastonbury
#1 of 53 in Glastonbury

Been to The Glastonbury Townhouse? Share your experiences!