Dragonfly Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Glastonbury
See available hotels
Meare Manor(Glastonbury)
  • Restaurant
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
View Hotel
All reviewsvisit glastonburyquiet areafresh breadb btown centrehousebedroomquirkysite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely hospitable. Owners ...rooms clean and beautifully decorated...family room ideal for family with young kids ....everything there ...fridge tea coffee herbal teas etc..tv ...just lovely.holistic therapies a bonus to relax ....breakfast lovely ...fresh fruit etc....and a range of healthy options...been here more than once and would keep coming ...book early not to be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed at the Dragonfly several times now and have always enjoyed my stay..
Angela and Ken are such genuine people and look forward to my stay late September and seeing the cat. The Dragonfly is clean has wonderful energy, the bathroom is so relaxing and I love the fact that i can get some of my five a day every morning. God bless you both and see you soon
Cathy.xx

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

First and foremost although Angela was very accommodating with keys and very pleasant to us - even cooking me an egg when they don't do cooked breakfast we weren't very pleased with our stay. Any other b&b for the rate quoted I would expect a full cooked breakfast.The fruit and yoghurt was lovely but compared to other accommodation in this price bracket, yoghurt,fruit and a cooked breakfast is provided. Also, although the website quotes single occupancy as £25-£30 Angela quoted us £40 which was unfair. I paid £30 as i didn't feel it was right to charge a different rate to what's advertised.

I also didn't feel that the accomodation didn't match the pictures on the website. The rooms were cluttered and musty smelling and we were quite shocked when we arrived. The acidic decour was seriously dated but I could have put up with that if the rest of the stay had been better.

Also, I couldn't close the window in my room as there was another bed and large chair in the way and although I tried to close it by leaning over the bed, it appeared jammed. I'm pregnant so couldn't start shifting furniture around and shouldn't have to. I slept badly all night as a result -mosquitoes were buzzing around the room all night and the street was noisy, also with the dawn chorus right outside the open window at 6am, what little sleep I did have was soon disturbed. Also, both rooms we stayed in had damp around the windows and smelt of damp.

The pillows and the beds appeared as if somebody had slept in them - they were crumpled and untidy. I probably expect more from a B&B. This felt very hostel like and scruffy as if it was somebody's bedroom not a room for guests. The huge TV in the room only appeared to have one channel which I made Angela aware of but advertising that rooms have a TV would suggest that they work fully - however old they are. Also,the toilet doesn't flush in the bathroom - we tried several times and it didn't work. Not great. Also, there was no shampoo or bodywash in the shower just a thin old bar of soap. That's not acceptable in a b&b. I did find the place very student like and not suited to professionals or business people. Maybe it's geared for students and travellers but as it was close to town and our work we thought it would do the job.

I did think having Angelas artwork on the walls was a lovely personal touch and as I said before Angela herself was lovely but the general standard I found very low.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again in this current condition. If Angela could improve the standard and get rid of that damp it may be different.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I've stayed here at least 5 times, & having just joined TA thought I'd see what had been written, so this is not based on a recent visit: I last stayed last Easter.

My wife & I always enjoy staying here and have always found Dragonfly very comfortable and welcoming.
The short walk to the High St and bus routes makes this location very convenient for non-motorists. There is secure cycle parking in the back garden via the rear access.

I was surprised at some of the negative comments. If there was a bedbug outbreak it must have been between our visits as I have never seen any there. Yes, there is no big advertising sign: personally I like B&B's that way. Yes, there is no car park: many B&B's don't have one, they never claimed to have one. Yes cats live here and it may not suit someone who hates cats: I like them myself. The reference to 'on an estate' persumably refers to the street having a mixture of Victorian villas and interwar council (probably now ex-council) houses along it, as is commonly found in small towns. Yes, the owner lives on the premises as is perfectly common in the British B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Friends who have stayed several times recommended the Dragonfly to me.
I am glad that I took their recommendation rather than relying on the reviews on Trip Advisor, as some comments do not reflect well on the place, and I must say now that I have experienced Dragonfly for myself those people who have complained have been rather melodramatic and unjust in their comments.
Most people visiting Glastonbury will have an interest in arts, the esoteric and be animal lovers will really enjoy staying here. If you prefer bland and boring, go to the Travel Lodge and stop complaining! I don’t know what people expect for £30!
Dragonfly is an adequate place to stay, I would describe it as homely, and like all homes there are parts of the house that could do with decorating/updating (if I was to find fault) The garden certainly needs attention. But the Green Room we stayed in was very clean and represented excellent value for money.
The owner, Angela, is a lovely lady, and was very welcoming.
The breakfast was fresh with plenty of options. We also had lots of interesting conversations with the other guests over breakfast, which added to the experience.
Yes, there is a friendly cat living in the house, but I only ever saw her downstairs in the owner’s part of the house, and I did not find any cat fur anywhere.
Dragonfly is ideally located minutes from Glastonbury High Street.
I will certainly consider staying at Dragonfly again in the future.

Room Tip: The Green Room is large, on the first floor with a double and two singles, ideal for couples with children
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family