“Very straightforward pub with a nice garden”
Review of Beckets Inn

Beckets Inn
Ranked #37 of 56 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Becket is an old fashioned pub - it's not glamorous, it's not a Sports Bar or a Gin palace or even a modern pub. It doesn't do food but it does some good cider and good ale and allows people to bring their own food to eat - which in these times of austerity is pretty good. The garden is nice and the back gate leads on to the car park behind the High Street.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Popped in here quickly while my wife was loitering around shops. I am a pub loving person and did my apprenticeship is some ghastly watering holes.
The Beckets is not ghastly but it does fly against the trend of pubs turned into gastronomic eating palaces, corporate interior design and overall sanitisation. Unfortunately most of these types of pubs are dying out engulfed by the tide of clonification - what a shame.
Anyway I liked my short stay and beer garden is lovely, service friendly. Only gripe is lack of choice of beers but hey ho thats how I remember pubs to be like.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Called in for ‘one for the road’ and was served blackthorn cider which tasted like it had been pulled through dirty pipes. When I politely told the bar lady it did not taste right, she was in complete denial, she had been ‘drinking it herself and it was fine’ - the owner who was sat at the bar told me it was ‘old recipe’ blackthorn (no wonder they reinvented it then — who are they trying to kid? It was dirty, that’s all) I told them I’d just leave it. I received dirty looks thereafter and my brothers Carling was also dodgy (you know that strange caramel smell and flavour when lager is off?). Pool table was a state, generally a scruffy place which needs a big refurbishment. On the plus side, My mum and aunt enjoyed their coffees though we will not be calling in again under current management.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Unfriendly. Empty. Can't be bothered doing food. Terrible selection of beers. Dirty. Unloved.

Such a shame. Beautiful building. Really nice space. Gorgeous garden. Tons of potential. Doesn't need much - just a little effort. I don't get the impression that they actually want customers. Still OK if you fancy a very quiet pint though.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I get the impression this is very much a locals pub, I hadnt been in for years and didnt feel terribly welcome with my friends.
the decor is quite run down and the outside toilets are a bit grim.
the beer garden is ok,
i/ve been told they have themed food evenings.