“A fantastic B&B”

Ranked #10 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Ulgham
“A fantastic B&B”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed for two nights, with friends, and found No 23 very clean and comfortable. Liz was friendly and very helpful, with advice about places to eat in Wells, well within walking distance. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and freshly cooked.
Thank you, Liz.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for your kind review (and taking the time to do one!) - I'm pleased you enjoyed your stop-over and am delighted to know you are back home, safe and sound.
My very best wishes to you all.
Liz EVans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Haworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was our second stay at no. 23 and did not disappoint. Very clean and very comfortable. Liz is a fantastic host, friendly, relaxed yet unobtrusive. The breakfasts were fantastic. I would heartily recommend staying here as a lovely base to explore Wells and the beautiful countryside beyond.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Hello to everyone. Thank you very much for making the effort to write a (very nice) review for
No 23 for your 2nd visit. I will look forward to the 3rd and to meeting the 'rellies'.
My best wishes.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at No23 for one night in June and was very pleasantly surprised. No 23 is a lovely clean B&B with a friendly and helpful proprietor and is in an excellent location, within easy walking distance of Wells town centre. The breakfasts are lovely too with plenty of choice and all cooked to order. Nothing to complain about at No. 23 and everything to praise.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank yellowcam
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Gosh - one night in June seems such a long way off now! Thank you very much for your excellent review, I am more than delighted you enjoyed your stop-over in Wells and at No 23.
My best wishes.
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for six nights, and would have loved to stay longer. Liz was an amazing Landlady, very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely and clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. (lots of choice). In fact the best Full English we have ever had. We enjoyed the short walk into Wells where there was plenty to see & lots of places to eat. Thankyou so much Liz for all you done for us.
P.S. We hope that you got our post card from the Isle Of Wight.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
And may the angels be with you! Thank you so much for your very kind words - the postcard arrived this morning! Gosh it was lovely having you here - I am so very pleased that No 23 and Wells lived up to expections. I very much hope the other half of the holiday was as good and that the car behaved itself!
Please accept my warmest wishes and thank you for staying at No 23!
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights to see Wells before moving on to Glastonbury and Salisbury. Liz was very welcoming from the start, accomodating Ash's dietery requirements and providing us with all we needed for a comfortable stay. On arrival Liz gave us a map and some tips on where to go to eat. Clean and spacious room, great filling breakfast with plenty of choice and lovely little touches (especially the penguin cafetiere warmer!). Great location, 5 minutes pleasant walk into town. We highly recommend this B&B! Thank you Liz.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Thank you, thank you! I'm very pleased No 23 met your expectations - always a bit scarey! I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your break.
My regards.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband & I were very fortunate to enjoy a stay on the nights of 4 & 5 July at Liz's excellent b &b. This is an immaculate establishment, absolutely spotlessly clean. It is very conveniently situated a short walk to the centre of Wells.. Our tasteful room had a very welcome sitting area which was much appreciated & the beautiful en suite had the best shower I have ever used. Liz's breakfast is very good indeed & I really enjoyed the mixed fresh fruits before the hearty full English. Liz was a very friendly hostess, very willing to help but not overwhelming & her little dog is a real poppet.We would highly recommend No 23 to anyone visiting Wells. I would also like to give Wells 5 stars as a unique and charming destination. Many thanks Liz.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Many, many thanks for your very kind review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at No 23 and in Wells. It is good to know we are all appreciated! Please accept my very best wishes.
London
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had a very good night at No. 23, very comfortable beds and a very clean and well equipped room. Good shower, delicious breakfast (many options) and very accommodating in terms of getting back in.

I've stayed in many B&B's and this was one of the best.

Tom

, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Ah kind words indeed - my sincere thanks for your review. It was unexpected for someone on a bit of a flying visit to Wells but even more well received if you are an experienced B&B man! I hope your return journey was a little easier that the trip down - that's still an 'ace' car!
My regards.