“A wonderful stay!”

No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a wonderful, comfortable weekend staying at 23. Liz is a lovely, chatty person who makes you feel at home the moment you walk in. She also went beyond the call of duty to cater for my very particular needs, and took great care to make sure that I was all right without every making me feel that I was nuisance. The room and the bed were comfortable and spacious, and everything worked! the breakfast was delicious, too, and, again, Liz takes care of everyone's needs. Thanks, Liz.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you m'dear, for taking the time to post such a kind review - it is much appreciated. Some guests just come and go and some remain in my memory with warmth and affection - be proud that you are most definitely one of the latter!

My very best wishes.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My friend and I stayed 4 nights in Wells while on a recent holiday to Southern England. We really enjoyed our stay at No. 23. Liz was very friendly and welcoming, the room was spacious and comfortable, with two armchairs for relaxing in the evening. We loved chatting with Liz, who was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us suggestions and hints about exploring the area. We were very happy we used Wells as a base for touring the surrounding area as the bus connections were so good to everywhere we were going, and Liz's home is very convenient to the bus and to the City attractions. Breakfast was great every day, with lots of choices and fresh fruit and yogurt every day. Our room faced the street, but we did not hear a thing, so it must be well soundproofed. Would love to go back if there is an opportunity.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Ah girls - thank you for your very kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed Wells - I hope the rest of your trip was good too. Now that you are safely back home I hope you will spare an occasional thought to little old England!
Very best wishes

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a lovely, comfortable stay whilst visiting Wells for a friend's wedding. Liz is wonderfully welcoming and made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived - just what was needed after a long drive down. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again next time we're in Somerset.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Wel,l it was a long way to come for a wedding reception - well done you two! I am always pleased guests enjoy their stay and take the time to say so - my thanks.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a delightful place to arrive at after a VERY long trip from Norwich! Liz made us so welcome and had absolutely everything on hand to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Just talking to her was a real entertainment, with her great sense of humour and catalogue of amusing stories. The room was spotless and quiet, breakfasts were sumptuous, and so handy to everything we wished to see. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms are well sounded-proofed, but the back room had absolutely no road noise at all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

I'm always thrilled to know overseas visitors have had a good time - there must be so many variables in such a long haul trip and I thank you for your kind review of this little part of it. Hopefully by now you have arrived home, safe and sound and have excellent memories of England.

Please accept my best wishes for the forthcoming season.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was my third stay in No. 23 B&B since late 2009 and the place continues to be as perfect as ever. The owner – Liz Evans – takes care of every detail during your stay and serves superb breakfasts.

The house is lovely and conveniently located for people coming into Wells, yet only 10 min walk to the shops and less than 15 min to Wells' main attractions: the Cathedral, the Bishops Palace and the walks around the edge of the city.

The rooms are all en suite, sparkling clean, nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are so clean you can hardly believe they have ever been sued before, and it's just lovely to get in and not to have to wait for the hot water to come out: it pours instantly.

I would strongly recommend a stay here to anyone visiting the Mendip area. Glastonbury is 10 minutes down to road (The Pound Inn is a nice pub on Glastonbury Road); Clarks Village in Street is an extra 5 minutes past Glastonbury; Wookey Hole is a few minutes away; in 20 min you can be walking around the Cheddar Gorge and it will take you some 45 min to drive into Bath or Bristol.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Ah m'dear - sooo nice to see you both again! Thank you very much for your brilliant review - I do know how 'exacting' you prefer to be (is that tactful or is that tactful.......) so your words are a compliment indeed. I truly keep my fingers crossed for your future plans and look forward to hear about the success of the diet for Wasabi (cat).

Please accept my warmest regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Roadtrip karma pushed us through Glastonbury & on to Wells too late to use the TIC. Stopped at several lodgings as we proceeded but all were creepy somehow. Happened on #23 & felt we got lucky. Liz was great to talk to, a very open person & shared some insider info on the town. Very nice, quiet, updated room in old house. Her breakfast was great, a little different from the totally traditional B&B fare.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I'm not sure how I missed this one but my apologies for the delay in reply - can't think of a decent excuse!! Thank you for your review and kind words - I am always pleased to know my guests have been comfortable and happy at No 23!

I hope the rest of the trip was as successful.
Warmest regards.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our stay at No. 23 was great.
Liz is very helpful and she gives you all the information you need on where to eat out and what to visit in the area.
Breakfast is wonderful. Freshly cooked and delicious.
Our Rooms were comfy and clean with large bathrooms.
Location is perfect. Just 5 mins walk from the town centre.
Wells is a beautiful historical city (the smallest city in England) and the cathedral is a must see.
We highly reccomend this place.
Thank you Liz for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

It's always nice to know you have pleased - thank you for your kind review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed No 23 and Wells - it's a lovely little place, a city but small enough to still be a community!

My best wishes.