“Excellent stay”

No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed one night when walking the Mendip Way. Excellent reception, comfy room, great breakfast including fresh fruit salad to start. Liz both witty and professional. And free wifi too. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I really hope you completed the walk before the weather broke and enjoyed rambling through beautiful rural Somerset!

My thanks for taking the time to send in a review.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a Great B&B. The rooms are Lovely. The beds are really comfortable and the decor is lovely. The host is really interesting and lovely to talk to. The breakfast was excellent.

All exactly what you look for in a B&B.

I would return.

However, the downstairs bedroom is next to the kitchen, so a little noisy at breakfast. Ask for an upstairs room if you want a lie in. It's no problem at all if you wake up at breakfast time.

Room Tip: Downstairs bedroom is next to the kitchen, so a little noisy at breakfast. Ask for an upstairs room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review - I'm so glad you enjoyed Wells. The downstairs bedroom is actually next to the breakfast room and since it's usually me that is making a noise - my apologies!

With regards.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

An overnight in Wells, and this was a great place to stay, welcoming, comfy with great food and a lovely host! There's nothing more she could do for us! The bedrooms are delightful, and the breakfast is cooked just as you'd want!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

My thanks for a good review - always glad to know we pleased!

With regards.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently stayed one Saturday night at 23, and I would most definitely stay here again. The room was 1st class with everything I needed and the shower was great! So great - I had 2 showers! Liz was so helpful and professional - I felt welcome and comfortable from the off. Liz also provided me a wealth of information about Wells and the surrounding area. Breakfast was superb and Liz kindly extended the service to provide me with a tasty packed lunch for the next day.
Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Always good to know I didn't fail on the packed lunch!! Many thanks for your kind words and for taking the trouble to post a review - always appreciated!

May your stones lay straight......
Very best wishes.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a great one night stay at No 23. Liz is brilliant and even laughed at some of my jokes! Very comfortable bed and excellent breakfast. Only a short walk into the city centre too. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Ah - lovely folks - thank you for your kind words - always appreciated. I hope Devon was as lovely as Somerset.
My best wishes - keep clicking!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a wonderful, comfortable weekend staying at 23. Liz is a lovely, chatty person who makes you feel at home the moment you walk in. She also went beyond the call of duty to cater for my very particular needs, and took great care to make sure that I was all right without every making me feel that I was nuisance. The room and the bed were comfortable and spacious, and everything worked! the breakfast was delicious, too, and, again, Liz takes care of everyone's needs. Thanks, Liz.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you m'dear, for taking the time to post such a kind review - it is much appreciated. Some guests just come and go and some remain in my memory with warmth and affection - be proud that you are most definitely one of the latter!

My very best wishes.

Liz EVans

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My friend and I stayed 4 nights in Wells while on a recent holiday to Southern England. We really enjoyed our stay at No. 23. Liz was very friendly and welcoming, the room was spacious and comfortable, with two armchairs for relaxing in the evening. We loved chatting with Liz, who was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us suggestions and hints about exploring the area. We were very happy we used Wells as a base for touring the surrounding area as the bus connections were so good to everywhere we were going, and Liz's home is very convenient to the bus and to the City attractions. Breakfast was great every day, with lots of choices and fresh fruit and yogurt every day. Our room faced the street, but we did not hear a thing, so it must be well soundproofed. Would love to go back if there is an opportunity.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Ah girls - thank you for your very kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed Wells - I hope the rest of your trip was good too. Now that you are safely back home I hope you will spare an occasional thought to little old England!
Very best wishes