Stayed there over the Easter weekend and really liked it. Had the top floor room overlooking the market place. The room is spacious and full character. The view from the room is that of the marin street leading up to the cathedral/bishop's palace. There is a street market there every Saturday morning. So can be a bit noisy early on the Saturday morning but it was something I was aware of prior to booking and the noise wasn't that loud to be perfectly honest. The shower is tiny but again it's been mentioned by other reviewers before. The highlight of the hotel has to be the restaurant. The breakfast is lovely and I had dinner two nights that I was there and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown is a 15th century coaching inn overlooking the Market Place in the heart of Wells. The Crown offers affordable accommodation, great food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Crown at Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Wells And Anton`s Bistrot
- The Crown At Wells & Anton`s Bistrot Hotel Wells
- The Crown Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells Somerset