We stayed at the Crown at Wells & Anton's Bistrot on the night of May 13th 2012, just for one night. The location of the hotel could not be any more central, right in the Market Place and close to the Cathederal and Bishop's Palace. Have to say that the double room (room 6) was a little small although the bathroom was pretty good for size. Only other negative point about the room was that it was uncomfortably hot and there is no air-con.
Plus points for this hotel are the restaurant and the staff, both restaurant and hotel. Anton's Bistrot was very good! We had dinner (Sunday roast) there and the food was tasty, well cooked and enormous portions! Good value carafe of Pinot Grigio went down well too! As for the breakfast...you need to have a good appitite! The full english was huge! Perfectly cooked and well presented. Their local susage is superb!
Every member of staff we came in contact with was polite, cheerfull and friendly.
Although the hotel has a car park, iy is remarkably small and difficult to get in and out of. Not reccomemded if you have a large car or MPV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown is a 15th century coaching inn overlooking the Market Place in the heart of Wells. The Crown offers affordable accommodation, great food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Crown at Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Wells & Anton`s Bistrot Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells And Anton`s Bistrot
- The Crown Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells Somerset