The Crown at Wells
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
  • Restaurant
Millbatch Farm(Glastonbury)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanton's bistrothot fuzzmarket squarethe pubpenn baroverlooking the market placeham egg and chipsfour postercar parksunday lunchold buildinglovely mealsaturday marketbishop's palacebreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightwell worth a visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Very busy on a Saturday lunchtime. It look a long time for the food to arrive. Unfortunately when it arrived my order was incorrect as I had asked for my burger to have one of the toppings left out. The waitress was very obliging and replaced it quite quickly, however the order was then wrong in another way. At that point I just ate it because I was starving after the long wait in the first place!
It was a decent burger, not especially out of the ordinary for the type of place.
My husbands steak sandwich was apparently really good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownAtWells, Public Relations Manager at The Crown at Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Sorry for the mistake in your order; shouldn't have happened once, let alone twice. It is far from the norm. Good to hear your husband was happy with his steak sandwich.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had the soup and sandwich combo for lunch the soup of the day was tomato and roasted red pepper and it was very good the staff were friendly. The service was speedy and because I was only in Wells for a few hours this gave me more time for sightseeing

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Good to hear you enjoyed your soup, speedy service and friendly staff, thank you. Do try and stay longer next time.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have eaten at Anton's Bistro on several occasions this year and it is always very good but today at lunch they excelled themselves. Very interesting and tasty seafood cocktail, trout main course out of this world followed by strawberry and balsamic sorbet, excellent. And all that for £13! I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We often get overpriced and uninteresting food in pubs and restaurants so it is a delight to eat delicious and imaginative food as provided by the Bistro.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Oooh, you are kind to write such lovely things and share with everyone. Thanks ever so.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went to the Crown whilst staying in Wells.
My wife and I took our two young boys aged 7 and 10.

The staff are very helpful and welcoming and the service is excellent.

Our food was very good and enjoyed by us all. My only comment would be that I was served far to many fries with my stark which was very, very good.

Would we go there again? I definite yes :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your super trip advisor review. We're glad you decided to spend a bit of your birthday with us and enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I visited with three other guests on the busy Easter Sunday. We came in late but were served beautifully prepared and delicious dishes. They were so copious that we skipped the tempting desserts. If you park in front of the restaurant you have to renew the parking ticket every hour. A bit of a pain in the neck.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and appreciated the local produce element. The parking is a nuisance, isn't it? There is, however, a longer stay car park just down the road.