Open today: 07:00 - 18:00

from US$609.20
from US$649.81
from US$1,028.86
3,798 results
All reviews chapter house scissor arches quarter hour medieval clock well worth a visit jousting knights beautiful building jesse window suggested donation voluntary donation awe inspiring stained glass take photos free entry architecture cloisters choir
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2019

This was exceptionally informative tour in the company of Chris Jenkins and his colleague as our enthusiastic and animated Guides. Definitely a ‘Not to be missed’ tour’ if visiting Wells! 90 minutes well spent taking insights to Medieval architecture and history. Thanks Chris!

2  Thank Cymro47
Reviewed 28 October 2019

I really liked this cathedral. It had a warmth to it that not all cathedrals have. We had a happy time exploring; the chapter house has a great echo if you get it to yourselves. I would like more signs explaining the history of different bits or who is who on the statues/windows but that’s just my preference. It is beautiful!

1  Thank RebJandT
Reviewed 28 October 2019

Do visit this cathedral, for its stunning structure, atmosphere & excellent café. Probably one of the finest examples of English church architecture there is.

Reviewed 24 October 2019

Stopped by the cathedral and was delighted to wander around this very impressive building with stunning architecture and scissor arches. The acoustics sounded very good and the whole cathedral was in wonderful condition for a building built in the middle ages.

The one big disappointment was on admission to the cathedral where we were greeted by one of the volunteers who made a big point stating that there was no charge to enter.

As soon as we turned the corner there was a manned kiosk designed to funnel visitors past requesting "suggested donations" of £6 each for adults and £5 for seniors. I handed over a £20 note and was asked how much I would like to "donate". I offered £5 in total for myself and my mother-in-law to be met with a scowl from the lady manning the till. I fully appreciate that the cathedral costs a lot to maintain, a fact that is drummed into you by numerous signs informing you of the daily running cost.

I would far rather an actual admission fee be advertised at the entrance so that you could make up your mind before entering the premises, than having to pay a rather under hand "donation".

1  Thank larryb380
Reviewed 23 October 2019

The Cathedral has an impressive facade and looks beautiful at night when lit up. The experience inside is somewhat clinical, the architecture is superb and the 'Scissor Arch' is quite impressive. There is no charge for entry but you are asked at the entrance for a 'donation' of £6, I dont know what they would do if you said no ! All in all it was an interesting visit,