“A vegetarian paradise”

Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

Excellent, imaginative, flavoursome food. The sort of place you should take a non-vegetarian, it might convert them.

1  Thank Richard M

Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

GREAT - Can't fault our meal we had on a Saturday. The food was lovely and the atmosphere was super! We all had soup, main course and dessert and the food was such good value and a fantastic standard. There was a wide range of foods and drink which was great. It was so nice that after our afternoon looking around wells we returned for afternoon tea. This is our first time visiting the good earth and we will be returning very soon. Thank you

3  Thank Fantasticfoods
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I suffer from Celiacs. I can't eat wheat or gluten. I asked if they had anything gluten free. The suggested one option. Which I have to admit was quite tasty. But 3 hours later I was vomiting. I was sick for 3 days and unable to work.
They clearly don't know what they're putting in their food.

4  Thank Bill G
Reviewed 25 November 2012

On a recent short break to Bath, my partner and I just had to make the arduous bus journey to Wells especially to try out the place that is getting such good reviews - The Good Earth.
We arrived not long after 1.30 and the restaurant was full and 'buzzing' - always a good sign as long as you can get a table!
We were both tempted by dishes from the specials board. My partner chose vegetable goulash with brown rice (which she said was absolutely delicious) and I had lasagne. The lasagne did not come with anything, however it was also excellent and plentiful -it really was a complete meal in itself!
Obviously at this time of day freshly cooked 'specials' will tend to run out, and the rather tempting puddings were limited. However this is the sacrifice made for not having some frozen 'dish' zapped in the microwave and served to you as so many places seem to.
So If you're tempted to try excellent, freshly cooked, tasty food at very reasonable prices, I have no hesitation in recommending The Good Earth. The staff are friendly and attentive and are obviously very skilled at what they do. They also take pride in their work, a quality sadly lacking in so many places in this country now.

3  Thank HampshireMikeo
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Everything under one roof - food to eat, food to buy and a gift shop. Great soup for lunch, reasonably priced, in a genial eating environment.