“Wonderful find.”

Cuisines: Indian, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I love spicy food and after 3 weeks of travel eating "nice", mild meals, we found Cafe Romna near our hotel. It was perfect. The fusion of tastes was creative and the layers meant each dish was totally different and imbued with a depth of delicious taste.
The service was friendly and efficient also.
A wonderful meal in a lovely town.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

On holiday in the UK, we came to Wells from London. London is noted for its Indian/Pakistani cuisine, and we had a good dinner at an Indian restaurant there. But Cafe Romna in Wells - serving "fusion cuisine and traditional Bangladeshi" - was much better -- outstanding, in fact. My wife's starter, dhall nimkii, was so good and the green sauce accompaniment was to die for. The lamb tikka was incredible. The chicken jalfraizi was superb, and the cheese & garlic nan was a joy. We were there on a not- so- busy night and were able to have a long and engaging conversation with our server, whose brother turned out to be the chef. A great meal, served by a friendly and interesting staff.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I like to travel around and last time I visited I came across this restaurant in Wells and was very hopeful from the outside, even though the name was confusing as I was not sure if it was an Indian restaurant or not...

I had to walk down a narrow path before entering the restaurant, which was unusual even though I have been to a few establishments like this in Bristol such as slug and lettuce on corn street but thats more of a pub. When walking through the door I was greeted very welcomely and shown to our table,

It seamed clean enough but when i inspected the cutlery I found the fork was dirty so I asked for a new one. So far my view was the service was good, decor was a bit OTT and sometimes subtle but elegant is better or warm and cosy. The food when it came was quite disappointing, it was fairly oily and lacked real flavor and my friends agreed it wasn't as good as we expected it to be.

All in all I think the decor was OK but not really my thing, food was disappointing but service was good.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I came in on a Thursday night on the same week as carnival and because of this I was expecting it to be quite although it turned out my partner and I were the only customers, a pleasant surprise really as the other reviews had pointed to the service being the only downside. The curry I had was delicious, chicken dhansak and my partner's was so good she wouldn't share, a korma. Staff were attentive and polite, I shall be coming back and have already recommended to several friends.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The staff are a little reserved at first although perfectly polite but by the end of the evening were so impressed by our little boy manfully eating his curry and joining in the conversation that they gave him a free dessert! We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and would definitely return again. The food and service were great and the Naan was the best we've ever tasted!