“Brilliant ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wookey Hole Santaland

Wookey Hole Santaland
Ranked #10 of 27 things to do in Wells
More attraction details
Owner description: A great day will be enjoyed by all the family at Santaland...Once you have visited the caves, you will enter the enchanted Fairy Garden, Valley of the Dinosaurs, and see where King Kong reigns over his kingdom. You can Make a Wish on our Christmas Trees and tie a ribbon for your loved ones, have fun in Santa’s Festive Mirror Maze and take a step back in time in our Vintage Penny Arcade!Our Christmas Circus Show is one not to be missed! 50 Acts in 50 Minutes – will they do it? Come and see for yourself! Shows on at 1pm and 3pm.Christmas lunches will be served in the Big Top Restaurant, along with other family favourites.Don't forget your visit to Santa's Grotto and meeting the man himself, he will have a smile and present waiting for all the children that visit him.
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

What a great idea, really good price for the tickets considering you get a trip round the caves, a circus show and a visit to Santa all inclusive, free go on the crazy golf was also included. So much to see including Santa's reindeers.

Somerset
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great for the kids. A bit too much cotton wool snow, but good fun and the kids like the various animatronics!

Exeter, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant festive day out great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Took the family back to Wookey Hole Caves to visit their santaland attraction, what can I say great value tickets only £12 Santa was amazing the kids loved the presents, great grotto. The circus show was brilliant. The caves and dinosaur park were great. Loved the new play areas. We all ate in the bigtop restaurant, food was fine and not overpriced as you might have expected. Well done wookey hole another great day out for the family. We will be back in the summer.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good day for kids but abit disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

First impressions is that Wookey Hole is abit shabby. We were greeted by cages of reindeer one with no horns which upset my 4 year old. Inside it was quite quick & organised to see Santa. Santa was good very kind & friendly. Grotto was nice. Through quite quick though. Straight to rip off area where u can buy a photo for £8. Difficult to say no to thrilled childen. The we thought we would have a fry up for breakfast as we had left house at 8am Santa booked for ten, however they stopped serving breakfast as we left Santa about 10-10.30am. No hot food until 12pm. We were cold & hungry & not impressed. We then waited an hour or do for circus dichotomy was good. Overall ok, kids enjoyed it but I wouldn't go again.

Christchurch, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awful, what a let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I visited wookey hole santaland on the 23rd dec with my mother, 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter. I was so upset as it has been a terrible experience from beginning to end.
1. To start with on arrival we were told the caves were closed, they must have known this previously and would have been able to email as they have contact details for those who have booked online. The main draw of driving 2 hours was the caves. I can only imagine they did not want to lose revenue by refunding therefore failed to contact.
2. We proceeded to the restaurant for our pre-booked christmas dinner. I waited 25 minutes to get from the end to the till. We were in a queue with those who had not pre-booked, and we were obviously the fools as we were the only ones who did not have options for what we ate.
3. The food was awful and the adult portions that we received were barely bigger than the child portion. 4. Not enough high chairs - feeding my 1 year old without a chair in a crowded family restaurant without a highchair was a nightmare.
5. Why did I pre book a time to see santa? I arrived at 1.55 for my 2pm booking.... we queue in a restaurant area with no christmas decorations.... we finally see santa at 2.45!!! 50 minute queues!
6. We see Santa in a broom cupboard, there is not enough room for my mum and i to stand with my children, my son notices as it is not hidden that there are 6 entrances to see santa and that the people in front did not go through the same door!!!!
7. Santa's presents are not wrapped. I had to delve through the box to find him a present as it was full of girls toys
8. Oh my! i can't believe i am on point 8 and have not finished! The circus!! billed as a magical christmas circus... they were teenagers who were learning circus acts not acrobats or magicians. my children love live acts but half way through we left along with half of the audience as it was boring boring boring.
9. minor point after previous points but the golf was also closed.

I was so disappointed, more than the money I thought this was going to be a really magical day for my family which is why i chose to drive so far 2 days before christmas. i spoke with other parents during the day and I was not the only one to have such a dreadful experience. 2 people i spoke to had been last year and said it had been beautiful then but completely horrendous today, they said the decorations were not the same, the number of people and wait times were awful and they would not come again and they were going to tell as many people as possible. I wrote and complained to wookey hole and rather than an apology i got told why i was wrong and they were right. I think they need some help with customer service.

1 Thank Louise A