“Delightful bank holiday breakfast”
Review of Market Place Cafe

Market Place Cafe
Ranked #36 of 87 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Food choice was great and delivered superb scrambled egg and salmon. Staff very attentive and friendly. Nice to see they have regulars and can remember individual needs. Definitely go back when in town next. Thank you

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We visit this café every 2 weeks or so while my daughter is riding in Wookey Hole.
For £5 plus coffee this is the nicest cooked breakfast you'll find anywhere in Somerset. With my local kit car club we usually find somewhere to eat most Sundays, so I have a good knowledge of what is out there. This place is up there with the best.

The staff are lovely, always happy and willing to help, plus you Wells to visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We visited Wells today, with our children, as it was our 21st wedding anniversary. I ordered an egg mayonnaise sandwich so I was a bit surprised when the waiter brought me a chicken sandwich! He also seemed shocked when I said I didn't want chicken. Next someone came to tell me that the egg mayonnaise had run out so I was asked to choose something else from the menu. Goodness knows why they'd just decided I should eat chicken instead. I opted for cheese and pickle, it took quite a long time to come and by then the rest of my family had almost finished their food. The photographs speak for themselves, the bread was the thinnest possible, the sandwich tiny and the presentation simply dreadful. I did complain but said I was going to eat it as my family had virtually finished their food. To be fair, the person In charge did come and apologise, gave me the price of the sandwich back and insisted we choose a cake each, so at least they reacted to the complaint. However, I have to say my anniversary lunch was ruined, how difficult can it be to make decent cheese sandwich and who on earth is working in their kitchen? The rest of the food was satisfactory if not earth shattering but at over £33 it wasn't really a good value light lunch.

1  Thank PippaPlumtree
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a "Girls day out" in Wells last Saturday, and stopped here before our journey back home. It was very wet & miserable outside, but very welcoming and friendly inside! The staff were very accommodating indeed and we were enjoying our afternoon tea so much that we lost track of the time and they were actually closing round us - and they didn't mind at all! Don't walk past, stop here for a cuppa - the scones are wonderful!

1  Thank CASPER0067
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Me and my wife,travel over from weston super mare at least twice a week,to sample the excellent food and drinks,and to experience the the very warm welcome from all of the staff ,would definitely recommend.wouldnt go any where else

1  Thank Wilma32