“Cheese Scones deal to go for!”
Review of Market Place Cafe

Market Place Cafe
Ranked #51 of 96 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Popped in for a mid morning break.
Nice location.
We sat inside as all the outside tables were taken. It's popular!
They had a 2 cheese scones, cream cheese, chutney and pot of tea offer for £4.95. Recommend this - truly scrumptious.
Despite being busy, service was quick too.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was in Wells needing lunch on my way down to Devon, and I dropped in to the Crofters Cafe.
I chose a tuna salad, which was a generous helping accompanied by a fresh bread roll, and coleslaw & bean salads in separate dishes. I couldn't eat it all though I was quite hungry.
A good meal for £6.95.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

What do most diners want in a West Country breakfast? The answer is Good quality local produce freshly cooked to order, simple as that. It's a great venue with lots of potential. Given the choice in Wells maybe the owner or chef should eat around at the competition and realise that others are doing it better. I believe in encouragement and therefore rather than voting on my feet, I will be back, but please don't serve me bacon and cheap sausages which were cooked the day before on a plate which consists 1/3 baked beans. The staff were great but when you probably could do it better yourself.............

1  Thank cjppmp
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I periodically meet a friend for lunch here, and I have to say it is one of the nicest places to each your lunch in Wells and the standard is always consistent. The food is well prepared and not over priced. The staff are really friendly and even at busy times we have not had to wait very long for our food. Plenty of seating inside and also an outside area. This can feel a bit odd on market day when the area gets crowded but if, like me, you like to people watch this won't be an issue. I will undoubtedly return here again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Quality of the food was good and service reasonably fast but at nearly £30 for four baguettes and four drinks just a bit too far, even for a “Tourist Trap”.