“It's A Great Place”

Dining options: Reservations
Well, United Kingdom
“It's A Great Place”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My family visit here quite often, I got to say the food is excellent, as is the service & the staff. I can't speak highly enough of Da Luciano Pizzeria, I know we will visit again soon

• Visited March 2014

Wells, United Kingdom
“Laid back, good food”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is exactly what I imagine from a proper trattoria - every person through the door gets a friendly chat from the whole family while the food is prepared, and when the food comes it's proper Italian, too. Our vegetarian food wasn't the most exciting, but the pasta was perfectly cooked and the pizza was made on a super-thin, crispy base, worlds away from franchise pizzas! No-one hovers round your table so you may need to interrupt a conversation if you would like something, but honestly that only adds to the feeling that you're amongst friends. We had a lovely, laid back time and will be back!

Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza outside of Italy (an possibly in it?)”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This place is a treasure, have been going there for years. The pizzas are delicious and great value. The family that run Da Lucianos are so friendly and they really make you feel at home. We even had our evening wedding party here and were so well looked after! Next time you are in Wells pay it a visit, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tim B
Bath, United Kingdom
“Oh dear...”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Had high expectations for this family run Italian as friends had recommended it.

We arrived early on a Saturday evening (only 2 other people were in the restaurant) for a family meal prior to a carol concert in Wells Cathedral.

We ordered 2 pizzas, a pasta dish and a plaice & chips. The former 3 dishes arrived in good time but no sign of the fish & chips. Eventually I was told, “Don’t worry we haven’t forgotten about it.” More time pasted and the rest of my family were already nearly half way through their meals, so I asked if it would be much longer. The flustered owner went off to check.

About 5 minutes later a plate arrived in front of me. I hesitate to call it fish & chips. It was one of the most unappetising meals I have ever been confronted with. The fish was grey and looked as if had been deep fried, placed under a hot lamp, forgotten about and deep fried again. It sat oozing grey oil over greasy chips. I decided not to bother tasting it.

The owner’s wife(?) asked if I’d like to try anything else. I explained that as the rest of my party had nearly finished their meals it probably wasn’t worth it. I was then assured that if I ordered a pizza it would be ready in no time (by this stage the restaurant had filled up), so I did. I waited and waited...

By this stage everyone at our table had long since finished their food, so I gave up and asked for the bill. The owner explained that he wouldn’t charge for my meal and would take off our drinks (4 fruit juices). I paid and we walked out.

However our ‘experience’ wasn’t over. The owner followed me out into the High Street and asked me why I hadn’t thanked him for not charging us for our drinks. He then kept saying, “...but the pizzas were good weren’t they?” I have to say I find this a very bizarre customer service tactic. I hadn’t been rude and I hadn’t caused a scene. I was hungry and fed up!

The bottom line is we went out for a family meal and didn’t end up eating together. The pizzas weren’t good, they were OK and I ended up grabbing a tuna sandwich from the Co-op so we could get to the carol concert in time.

We were in this restaurant for over an hour and they failed to service a basic main course. I then got harangued on the way out! An unforgettable experience for all the wrong reasons.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Leigh C
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great pizza in lovely Wells”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Have been meaning to try this pizzeria for some time and we were not disappointed - well actually I was a bit because I should have had the pizza too and instead opted for the fish and chips. This was nice but when the special pizza arrived covered with fresh rocket it looked wonderful. This is a small family establishment which serves a good selection of pizzas and some other choices. Pretty sure they do delivery too if you are lucky enough to live nearby. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2013