“Great coffee shop”

Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Whenever I visit a town/city, I always try to find a local independent coffee shop, and Pickwick's in Wells didn't disappoint. There was a nice warm welcome, good service, AND good value for money. My only, (slightly), negative comment is that they ought to forget about the awful little packet biscuit with the coffee......if you are going to give something like that it should be a bit more inventive.
Having said that, I will definitely pop in again when in Wells, as it offered exactly what it says, and without charging a fortune for it.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I found this place when I was in Wells with my parents and have since been back with my partner and kids. Its a lovely place to stop for food whether its coffee and cake or a nice lunch. The staff are wonderful. I have recommanded to my friends. Can't wait until next visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped for a quick no fuss lunch in wells with the kids but couldn't stomach a typical greasy spoon or a generic coffee shop, so pleased we found pickwicks! The lovely courtyard on a sunny warm day added to the experience, panini sandwiches were superb, the kids lunchboxes are a real fine touch, gutted I didn't have the space to try one of their gorgeous baked goods!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

After walking from the Cathedral we found Pickwicks, the menu was wholesome, as was the food... The sandwiches actually had filling and the service was second to none. Beautiful place. Lovely food. Friendly staff. Amazing coffee. Nice portion sizes. Thank you!!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Went here with wife and two young children, staff were very attentive and helpful. Usual fair but good quantities, nice chips, great paints - will go again when in Wells