“Outstanding B and B”
Review of Belleview House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Belleview House
Ranked #1 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding B and B”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

5 stars from the moment we arrived , Ellie was so accommodating with my 11month old nephew, as soon as we arrived we found fresh home made shortbread and hot drink facilities in the room and then Ellie brought tea up to us and homemade lemon cake ! such a lovely touch after such a long drive .
The room was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated , the whole experience was so refreshing , with simple but lovely touches in the bathroom with luxury hand soap, and hand and body cream. The breakfast menu was fantastic I felt really spoilt and was served flawlessly the bespoke cooked breakfast was accompanied with a breakfast buffet selection of fresh fruit, yogart, crossaints , pastries , cereal , you name it it was there, the whole breakfast was bespoke to exactly what you wanted and delicious fresh good quality food no expense spared, I'm a really fussy eater I was really really impressed it was a better breakfast than I've experienced in 5 star hotels accompained by Ellie's waitress who was fantastic ! I seriously cannot fault this B and B is outstanding in every way it really is ! Thank you Ellie !

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Perfect. Not a single complaint, not even a minor niggle (except, as my wife found out, you can't hang a long dress in the wardrobe in room 5!). We spent our honeymoon here and Ellie's attention to detail is second to none. She obviously loves taking good care of us trippers. I shan't mention the not-so-little extras in our room in case all honeymooners expect them! Suffice to say, the care and attention lavished on us, our welcome and our room were as noteworthy as they were unexpected. I can only repeat other reviewers' comments about the tea & coffee, cakes, sweets, bottled water etc in the room, and the stupefying selection of fruit, cheese and extras at breakfast. The en-suite shower and toilet were so clean they looked as though they'd just been installed. Ellie's recommendations for food and drink were spot on, and her local (and Somerset-wide) knowledge invaluable. A splendid stay.

It's not completely clear from the website just how close the centre of Wells is - if you are a brisk walker, you could do it in under five minutes, or take a leisurely approach and be there in under ten.

My one regret is that I have no pressing need to return to Wells!

Room Tip: Room 5 has a balcony overlooking the garden.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a fantastic place. Ellie is the perfect example of a host. Nothing was too much trouble or effort. Homemade cakes and tea on arrival. Chocolates and bottled water in the room, were an added and unexpected bonus.

We stayed in the twin room, which was beautifully decorated and very neat and clean. A real home away from home feeling. Clearly the owners take great pride in their castle and it shows.

Breakfast was second to none. I had eggs florentine, which really hit the mark and set me up for the hiking ahead.

I can't recommend this B&B enough. This would be my first choice for a B&B in the Wells area. Simply superb.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in the twin room for two nights and it was completely delightful! Elle is a wonderful hostess while breakfast is amazing - a wide spread of fruit, cereal, pastries and cooked food. The room itself was clean, cosy and comfortable. I will always book here when travelling down to Wells.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent 3 nights here and were treated royally. Beautiful room, tastefully furnished, ample wardrobe space and comfortable bed. The daily offerings of cake were lovely and the breakfasts absolutely splendid.
Ellie is a born hostess. Nothing is too much trouble for her.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of October and couldn't have wished for a better more welcoming hostess, more comfortable room or more food choice at breakfast. Tea and cake on arrival is a lovely touch. If we are in the area again we wouldn't hesitate to book again. Thank you Ellie.

Belligham WA
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My friend and I, both seniors really loved this B&B.During our 3 weeks in England and 9 B&Bs this place and the one we stayed at in York were the very best, they were outstanding. We got lost in Wells and called Ellie who gave us good directions and was waiting for us when we arrived. She grabbed our luggage and took us to our room upstairs. Then suggested that we have tea and rest which we did. We discovered some wonderful homemade shortbread cookies. You can see why we loved it. The B&B is very well located, close to both the cathedral area and the charming downtown. Our room was nicely decorated and functioned well as did the bathroom. Her breakfast is amazing; homemade pastries, lots of fresh fruit cheese and some great selections as Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine, both delicious. Our big regret was that we couldn't stay longer. If I were doing our trip again I would use Belleview House as a base to see Winchester and Salisbury area. We Really hated to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends