“A wonderful, friendly coffee shop”

Square Edge Cafe-Bar
Ranked #2 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Wells
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A retro cafe bar serving great tasting, home-cooked food, wood roasted coffee made by skilled baristas and yummy cakes. All our retro furniture and memorabilia is for sale so you can shop whilst looking you dine. We are dog friendly and have a sun trap of a courtyard for alfresco dining.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Square Edge was a realy joy to discover. We had wonderful teas and coffees and delicious cake and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I dropped in for breakfast the other day, having read other reviews of Square Edge. I loved it. The balance is just right - a large outdoor area in the lee of the wall of the grounds of the Bishop's Palace - and a large but welcoming indoor room with a fine fireplace. The coffee was great and so was the plate of scrambled eggs. I'll be back!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I popped in here for a coffee having seen other glowing reviews. So impressed I came back in the afternoon for tea & cake! Very friendly owner who really knows about coffee, nice quirky vintage furniture and wonderful cakes - I recommend the raspberry scone cake. Will definitely be back next time we're in Wells!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Had heard this was the THE new best coffee place in Wells so couldn't miss the opportunity to check it out for myself, and I am so so pleased I did!
Everything about this place is just fabulous, from the vintage style decor, the quirky yet chilled atmosphere, the lovely friendly staff, the coffees, the hot chocolate, and of course the cakes!!
Will definitely be visiting again next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had been told by our daughter that this recently opened cafe was worth a visit but we were unprepared for the wow! effect of this building. I love the vintage and retro furnishings and fittings; a 'tour' of the three areas, including a great courtyard reveals many up cycled and reclaimed gems, is a must-do. Worth a mention are the armchair, bench and dining chairs covered in feed-sack which once contained coffee, g-plan items alongside old school chairs. An eclectic mix.
It was a short visit this time as we had an appointment in the town so we did not sample the food on offer but the coffee was fabulous. I had mine iced but husband's black one came with a very attractive 'crema'. We will return very soon to taste one of those amazing-looking cakes.