“Great food and service”

The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in wells and I was highly impressed .The fountain inn was true little gem of a find ,with the food of a very high standard and service was very friendly and nothing was to much .If I happen to be in this area again I would defiantly go back to this lovely Gastro pub .well done!

Visited June 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you or our lovely review, and for visiting The Fountain Inn. We look forward to your next visit, and hopefully you will enjoy our beautiful little city again.

England
“Lovely meal spoiled by parking fine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I don't live together and had arranged to meet in Wells for Sunday lunch as it's half way between our homes. I had recently returned from holiday and so we were both looking forward to seeing each other over a good meal and chose the Fountain as it had excellent reviews. We enjoyed a delicious meal although I would probably not want to sit right by the kitchen as there seemed to be a lot of traffic but that apart, everything was as good as you could imagine. I ate a delicious terrine starter and my partner had soup of the day which were were both very happy with. For our main courses we chose the roast dinner and were very impressed by the quality of the freshly cooked vegetables which included cauliflower cheese as well as 3 other vegetables all cooked lightly without the guts being boiled out of them. The atmosphere was convivial and the staff attentive without being OTT. My partner ate a dessert which I think was a sticky toffee pudding and I had a taste (two spoons provided without even asking!). We were very happy with the entire experience. The sad part was that as the carpark was full we had parked on St Thomas Street on the other side of the road from the pub where there was a single yellow line. As it was a Sunday afternoon and there were other cars parked there we didnt give it a second thought! Sadly there was a sign which we only spotted afterwards, banning parking from 8-6 so we got caught out and have had to cough up despite writing separate appeal letters. So a word of warning: if you are new to Wells which we were, don't get caught out on St Thomas Street with a parking fine as it could leave a bitter taste which you don't want after enjoying a meal at the Fountains.

• Visited April 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for our lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience at The Fountain. The traffic wardens are relentless in Wells and make parking impossible at times, and for this we offer apologies. Look forward to your next visit.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Pub Cuisine at it's Best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just 5 minutes from Wells City Centre is the hidden gem of The Fountain.
I have been several times, and thought I should do a review, so, ,,,if it's value for money? No worries, quantity?...plenty. Quality?....All locally sourced and cooked by experts. Ambience?...by the bucketload, cosy and warm. Good quality Ales?...absolutely.

In short, it doesn't get any better. This is a MUST on a visit to Wells. Top food, service, quality and easy to get to.

• Visited December 2013
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We try hard to please and your review has made my staff very pleased indeed. We look forward to your next visit.
“Third visit's a charm, as were the first and second”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit and as always incredible food, lovely service and warm and inviting atmosphere, what more can I say!

Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We look forward to your next visit, possibly with your new little bundle of joy.
Well, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Good food and great entertainment"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked Sunday lunch for family gathering on the 11 May had some great food and was thoroughly entertained by three very talented musicians apparently from London playing an impromptu session with some easy listening music. Left a couple of hours later very full and very chilled.

Visited May 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you to the lovely Stuart family for the review. We enjoy having you and your friends & family dine with us. The impromptu music supplied by the infamous Sam Smith and his boys was an absolute delight! Look forward to your next visit.