“Perfect! ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Truro, United Kingdom
“Perfect! ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Once again the Fountain Inn has proved to be a fantastic place to visit and eat. My wife and I came back for a meal Saturday 5th having booked a table. The table was just by the window and the atmosphere was the usual relaxed and friendly. We love in Cornwall so sadly don't visit much but having said that we were greeted by Craig as if we were always there! Our waitress Kate is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet and as usual the food was absolutely perfect! Thank you all for a wonderful evening. I recommend this pub, the chef, the food and it's perfect staff to anyone. Can't wait to come back and see you all.

2 Thank Dropdeadfred1
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
To one of our favourite couples, all we can say is a huge thank you for your lovely review!
It is as always our great pleasure serving you and having such lovely people in our pub.
We look forward to your next visit

“Amazing food service and well everything else!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic evening. Not only was the service second to none, the food was sublime and the decor apt to the atmosphere! I had the pork terrine my partner the cheesy garlic bread we were both incredibly happy woth them. For main I had the halloumi burger my partner the steak. Both cooked to perfection. My burger the BEST halloumi burger I've ever had (many in my time especially being veggie for 3 years) we were both overwhelmed my an unforgettable evening will be returning very soon and will recommend again and again!!!!!! A must visit! !!

1 Thank KAEmery
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for our wonderful review!!! It is always a great pleasure having such a lovely couple in our pub who appreciate all my staffs hard work. Look forward to your next visit.
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Great food, but still needs more attention to detail”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived at the pub on a quiet-ish Thursday evening, and were warned that if we had a meal there it would take up to 25 minutes to receive the food, as several tables had all just arrived at the same time. We weren't in a hurry, so that was no problem, and in fact the food seemed to arrive much quicker than we'd been warned. One slightly odd thing was that they didn't have enough menus to go round, and yet there were plenty of empty tables -- so I can't imagine what happens on a really busy night!

The food was delicious and there was plenty of it, although I was puzzled as to why my starter was accompanied by a clipping from an old newspaper.

A very wacky mix of music was playing, which reminded me of an old mix-tape I made in the eighties, with Mozart following ACDC following Abba.

On the whole though, we went out hoping for a good meal, and that's exactly what we got.

• Visited June 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review, and for noticing our eclectic wax paper and unusual mix of music! Creativity is in the eye of the beholder, and doesn't always appeal to everyone.
We had over seventy covers on Thursday evening and many large tables all within an hour- hence the pre- warned wait and shortage of menus.
We do hope you visit us again when in Wells, to check on our progress in" Attention to detail"
“Excellent family meal”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Excited to try the new menu last night, and it did not dissapoint! The pork loin and duck were the standout dishes, coupled with great service and a lovely atmosphere on a warm summers evening. Once again, The Fountain excelled

• Visited June 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for our lovely review, it is always a pleasure having one of our favourite Wells families dine with us!
Cape Town
“Best duck confit ever”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed what could be the best duck confit ever at this understated venue. Pub grub was never ever this good! We didn't find it at all overpriced for what it was. The portion was generous, the vegetables fresh and the service cheerful. What more could you ask for?

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for our lovely review, from one fellow 'Capetonian' to another it was our pleasure!!