“A Real Cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“A Real Cafe”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wells is a delightful, small and ancient city. It has many cafes and coffee shops but Andres is the real deal It is a few steps away from the main High Street bustle, opposite St Cuthberts Church. You can park in the Waitrose car park, upstairs if you will be more than 2 hours, and have a coffee and cake on your way in to visit the sights. A meal from the good menu on the way back will be a real temptation.

The coffee actually tasted of coffee, quite a novelty really! The fruit cake was divine. The service reflected an interest in the customers' enjoyment. What more could you possibly ask for. We spoke to some of the local folk we met in and around Wells and usually discovered that this cafe was one of their favourites. Give it a try, you will be glad you did.

holidayman028, Owner at Andre's Cafe, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review. Myself and all my staff adore our little café and we try our hardest to make our customers happy. To get a review like this makes us proud and worth all the hard work. Thank you once again. André

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Great for parties”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Andres's is a great location for small private functions. I recently went there for a Saturday night meal for my mother in laws 80th birthday. Andre is very flexible with regard to the menu and as most of our group were veggie, he added extra choices and was also open to suggestions for anything else that we required. One of our group had ordered a choice that she thought was veggie but wasn't and there was no problem in coming up with a last minute alternative.
The service was friendly and attentive and the food was fresh and well cooked, with the portion sizes just enough to feel full and still comfortable. The price for three courses and coffee was £25.00 which was excellent. I wish there was a location like this in my home town.

Somerset, UK
“A lovely cafe with good food and service!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We enjoyed a late lunch at Andre's one Saturday afternoon. The service was very good and the food was well prepared and well presented. Very tasty! I can recommend Andre's if you are looking for good food at reasonable prices with friendly staff. It's a great spot to people watch too!

New York City, New York
“Excellent scrambled egg, so-so coffee”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This little cafe served up the best scrambled egg and the best toast ever. Really, really good. Sadly, the filter coffee was a little weak for my taste. I would warn - it is advertised at £1.60 with free top ups but they actually charge £2 per cup. I ended up spending £2.40 more than I'd expected. Still, the breakfast more than made up for that, just be aware. On the food alone I'd give it 5 stars.

Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I ate here the other day and had the bacon, Brie and cranberry sandwich and a cup of tea. My husband had the homemade roasted tomato and basil soup and it was out standing. Will be back very soon :)