“A real treasure”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We almost passed by this unassuming corner café, but so glad we didn't.

We wanted a light lunch, and the daily special board included lobster bisque ( a favourite). At £11.50 it seemed a bit pricey, but when it arrived - wow! True value and fantastic taste, full of large chunks of fish, prawns and crab. One of the best we've ever had. Friendly chatty staff, a good selection of drinks and a menu to die for. Surely one of the best corner cafes in England.

There are newer reviews for Andre's Cafe

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a really nice cafe with great food and friendly staff, the food is nicely presented and tastes superb, I ate there several times, the roast lamb dinner was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection, I then had a fruit crumble with clotted cream OMG this was delicious. I also attended a evening special occasion meal there where the food was fantastic, the starter was goats cheese wrapped in parma ham, then a chicken meal followed by a delicious dessert, I would highly recommend anyone visiting Wells to visit Andres cafe. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was our first time visiting Wells, we stayed in Belleview b&b which is about a 10 minute walk from Andre's cafe, we were advised by some local people to try there as they said the food was lovely, ( we were not disappointed) it was at the other end of the high street away from the Cathedral, the food was amazing so much so that we ate there for 3 days, ( we was only in Wells for 3 days ) there was a wide range of fresh cooked food and cakes to choose from which are very reasonably priced. The fish dishes were cooked to perfection. A brilliant chef. The staff in there were always friendly and helpful, A big THANK YOU to Kerrie and Eve who served us on these days.
I would highly recommend Andre's cafe to anyone visiting Wells you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

First morning of camping and it was pouring with rain and no chance of cooking on site...so we all bundled into the car (six of us including small children and a baby) and headed to Wells.

We stumbled on this little cafe and had a smashing cooked breakfast and coffee in the shadow of St. Cuthbert's Church. Great, friendly service and the regular customers in there seemed like a really nice bunch too.

Would definitely return if ever in Wells again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Andre's is situated slightly away from the main tourist area but is well worth the effort of searching it out - look for the church of St. Cuthbert's at the bottom of the High Street... Andre's is a small café that serves excellent lunches, homemade cakes, a wide selection of alcoholic beverages as well as tea and coffee. I have eaten lunch there on many occasions - one of my choices, a halloumi salad, was fantastic (Andre's own balsamic dressing is worth visiting the café for if for no other reason) but I have to say that the bacon sandwich was out of this world; thick hand cut white bread, smeared with cranberry sauce and covered with a thick layer of brie, finished off with lots of crispy bacon - wow - a taste sensation!
For those people who live in Wells, Andre's is a brilliant venue for a private party - if you want a 3 course menu for between 10-30 people on a Friday or Saturday night, then I cannot recommend Andre's highly enough. I have booked 2 different parties here (a 50th birthday and a retirement do) both which were excellent. The food is scrumptious, the staff brilliant and for the cost, I think it is hard to beat (you do need to book in advance as Andre's Café is only open on Friday or Saturday nights if pre-booked). When I booked, I was able to adapt the menu to suit some of the personal tastes of the guests, ie: change the soup or add an special ingredient to the salad.