“Celebration meal!”

The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 153 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Celebration meal!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The staff were wonder file and welcoming. We had asked for flowers and and they were lovely. The setting was good and the service and food excellent. We had a great celebration and whilst the hotel would have arranged a cake we took our own which was beautifully presented. Menu was varied and all of our party aged from 19 to 90 were delighted.
The grounds and hotel itself are well presented and the attention to detail and the care taken to look after elderly guests was really helpful.

Would definitely recommend for any celebration.

• Visited July 2013
SwinfenHall, Manager at The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Val C

Thank you for the review you posted following your recent visit to The Fours Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel at the end of October.

I would say that a very high percentage of people who come to Swinfen are celebrating something - whether it be a birthday or an anniversary - so we do try to make those occasions memorable. I am so glad this one was.

I look forward to welcoming you back for the next celebration!

Kind Regards

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Five star all the way”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently went to Swinfen Hall Hotel for Sunday lunch to celebrate a birthday and a silver wedding. We have eaten there on previous occasions and we were really happy to find the excellent food and service have been maintained.

The vegetables are all fresh from the garden and the meat is sourced from the surrounding farms, all of which are of the highest quality.

I had the crab risotto to start, followed by roast beef with all trimmings, topped off with the treacle tart - it was fabulous and well worth every penny.

The staff are attentive and the service and ambience is first class.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Frances B
SwinfenHall, Manager at The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Good Evening Frances B

Thank you so much for the review you recently posted on Tripadvisor. It was fantastic to receive such positive feedback.

I am so happy that your double celebration was a success and I look forward to welcoming you back to Swinfen soon.

Kind Regards

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Truly Amazing Afternoon Champagne "High" Tea for my Mom's 60th Birthday”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I debated for a good couple of months what I could do for a special treat for my mom’s 60th Birthday and after finally stumbling across the afternoon tea idea, I came across Swinfen Hall Hotel. After scouring the internet and checking out the reviews on here, I thought let’s give it a go!

I took my mom on her actual birthday on Monday 19th August and from start to finish you will not be disappointed.

The driveway up to the hotel is truly gorgeous, the building is stunning and the grounds are well established and extremely well maintained.

We were taken straight through to the drawing room where afternoon tea took place. We were kindly seen to by a gentleman called “Ben” who I must say, made the visit. Checked on us regularly, was courteous and was generally just a lovely person to have serve us.

So … Glass of champagne came out for us each first. I have never been much of a champagne fan but the glass of house champagne provided was lovely, not too dry and had a good old amount of bubbles to it.

Swiftly followed after were the sandwiches and pot of tea (You were given the option of different tea’s and coffees but we wished for normal English Breakfast Tea). Sandwiches were plentiful and high quality produce used, the ham was “proper” ham, salmon was “amazing” and the pickle was “homemade” pickle.

After munching on that little lot, we were then greeted with 4 x scones with plenty of clotted cream and jam to pop into them and the 2 slices of what appeared to be strawberry cheesecake and a lemon torte! Well, needless to say, there was plenty of food but too much for us. Scones were gorgeous but as we were unable to eat the other cakes, Ben kindly provided us with Cake Handbags for us to take them home!

After a skinful of food, copious amounts of tea and an amazing glass of champagne, we roamed around the grounds, took some piccies and departed.

Both Mom and I would highly recommend and would also go back here again or buy as a gift for someone.

At £47 for the 2 of us, while it isn’t cheap, it is well worth the money and extremely good value for what you in fact get in the way of catering and the surroundings.

Big thanks Swinfen Hall and no doubt see you in the future.

Mrs Mallett & Mrs Parkes xx

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Melissa P
SwinfenHall, Manager at The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Good Afternoon Mrs Mallett and Mrs Parkes

Thank you so much for the review you posted on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Swinfen Hall Hotel. I am so glad that your Mum enjoyed her 60th Birthday Afternoon Tea!

Your positive comments, not only in relation to the tea itself, but also with regards to the building and grounds were greatly appreciated by the team here. We have worked very hard in relation to all of these areas, so it is great to have them acknowledged.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Swinfen at some point in the not too distant future, perhaps another celebration, or why not come to of our Ladies Lunches or Afternoon Tea Events. We have a "Cup Cake Masterclass" on Monday 9th September. We still have spaces available.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We were entertained by friends this week who insisted we sampled the taster menu.
Absolutely fantastic! Amazing food, flavours and service. Wonderful.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TomtheCat1
SwinfenHall, Manager at The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Griffster1965

Thank you so much for the recent review you posted on Tripadvisor following your visit to Swinfen Hall Hotel for dinner last week.

I am glad you enjoyed our Tasting Menu. It has proven to be very popular since we introduced it and particularly with the matching wines!

If you enjoyed the Tasting Menu, why not come along to our Goodlife Gourmet this Friday evening (August 23rd). We still have places available. It will be a really fun evening with food from our own estate and gardens accompanied by some lovely wines to match. Just contact the hotel for more details.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Lunch on the Terrace”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

High expectations for lunch on the terrace, but mixed experienced.

On the positive lovely views from the terrace and wold highly recommend to visit for a drink n the terrace,
Initially the service was good, drinks swiftly delivered, and they came for the food order we weren't ready so I asked for 2 minutes and no one came back after over 10. I had to go and look or them. They were preparing for a wedding.

Placed our order. Linguine was excellent, but the battered plaice and chips was a disappointment. The place was in 2 pieces and didn't even make a fillet, I think I ate it all in 4 bites. I should have complained on portion size for £13 I do expect see more than a couple of mouthfuls of fish.

I then ad to find someone today.

Would I go or an evening meal, no. Would I go for lunch again possibly but when they are organising a wedding

• Visited July 2013
SwinfenHall, Manager at The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear Sarahlol

Thank you for the review you placed on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Swinfen Hall Hotel for lunch.

I appreciated your very kind comments in relation to the views from the terrace. We are thankful to be able to have the opportunity to utilise the terrace at the moment! Hopefully this will continue for a little longer.

I am sorry that your experience of Swinfen was a disappointing one. I would like to reassure you that this is certainly not indicative of usual standards. I have since spoken to appropriate people regarding the issues you raised.

I hope you will not be deterred from returning to Swinfen by this isolated incident. Should there be such an occasion, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are looked after.

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.