“Still a great place to dine.”

Ego Mediterranean Restaurant & Bar, Lichfield
Ranked #24 of 170 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy freshly cooked Mediterranean food, wine and cocktails with a stunning view of Lichfield Cathedral. Set on the banks of Minster Pool and boasting some of the best views in the City, Ego is a must visit for its Mediterranean food, family friendly dining and delicious cocktails. The restaurant is ideal for large groups, special occasions, family celebrations and intimate dining.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Last reviewed here in March 2015. Apart from staff changes, and the staff here were all pleasant and efficient, nothing much has changed. The menu and food are still great and represent excellent value for money. The view over the lake is lovely and it’s only a five minute walk from the Garrick theatre. This is an advantage for pre-show meals and many evening restaurants do not seem to open until 6pm, and you end up in a rush. We sat down to eat around 5.30pm and had a leisurely 3 course meal which was really good. The milk choc salted caramel tart was to die for!
Really good gluten free menu too.
Will certainly to continue to use when visiting Lichfield.

1  Thank Montalivet2
Maria S, Guest Relations Manager at Ego Mediterranean Restaurant & Bar, Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Amazing news - thank you so much!!

It really is lovely to hear that you always enjoy visiting us and love our food and beautiful restaurant - especially our salted caramel tart!

We look forward to seeing you many more times in the future...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My wife and I visited on Sunday afternoon. We were given a table overlooking the lake and cathedral which is a lovely location. The main reason that we had chosen this restaurant was to try the morrocan lamb dish which had been recommended by a friend, so were then obviously dissappointed when told that this had run out and was not available. Surprised also as the restaurant did not seem overly busy. We ordered an alternative dish which was ok and have to say that the staff were polite and the service was good.

1  Thank PAUL A

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit - sorry to hear that we had sold out of your chosen dish, it doesn't happen very often - but we do hope that it didn't impact your evening too much!

Hope to see you again very soon..

Reviewed 26 June 2018

As ever, good food and friendly , helpful service; with the windows open looking across the pool to the Cathedral, it was a lovely evening.

1  Thank Esman49

Fabulous news - thank you so much!

We are delighted to hear that you loved everything about your visit - especially our beautiful view!!

Hope to see you again soon..

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I went to this restaurant in my birthday to spend a gift voucher with my family. I loved everything, the price, food, atmosphere and also the view to the Lichifield Cathedral.
The only issue I had was with the service, I feel like the waiter was sleeping (kkkk), he brought a wrong dish, he gave my drink to the other table and plus, he forgot my baby food. Tragic if it was not funny...but anyway, he apologise and he was friendly. I still recommend this place.

1  Thank Nessasikueira

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your great feedback - we are pleased to hear that you loved spending your Birthday with us!

Sorry to hear that there were a couple of issues with the service - we will pass on your comments to the team to look into, and hope we can welcome you and your family again soon..

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I visited here yesterday for lunch. I’d pre-booked the table and requested a table overlooking the water, which they managed to fulfill. The service was a little slow, however the staff were very professional and polite throughout which made up for it. The food is very good, there is a wide selection of Mediterranean dishes and there is a very well stocked bar. For the price we paid I felt that we got excellent value and I will definitely be returning!

1  Thank ChrisOHanlon

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for leaving us a great review - and we are glad to hear that you both enjoyed your lunch with us!

We will look forward to seeing you again very soon..