“Nice meal but ..........”
Review of Bengal Tandoori

Bengal Tandoori
Ranked #100 of 162 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$27 - US$36
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Being a curry lover I do enjoy visiting different curry restaurants around the area I live in . This was my first visit so I was very disappointed by the greeting we got from one of the waiting staff . He greeted us with a grunt and pointed to a table unfortunately this is the first impression you get so regardless of the standard of the food this is your lasting memory . The food was average the service was satisfactory not overly friendly maybe it was because it was a Sunday , there are lots of Indian restaurants in the Lichfield area you do recieve a warmer welcome in many of the other restaurants in the area so on that basis this place will probably not be my favourite curry house in Lichfield .in a nutshell they need to improve their customer service

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for the past 14 years since I moved to lichfield. Although I must admit I have not gone every week we have always used it when wanting an Indian.
I have never so been so disappointed in my life. The night started by waiting one and three quarter hours from time of order to the time I asked if we would receive a meal!
I wish I had not asked!
The meal was inedible, the nan bread was not cooked and was like a lump of fat!
There were no disagreements from the staff and in fact they said it looked awful.
Then the bill arrived?
I had said that we would pay for what we had enjoyed - poppadums, drinks and starter, however I was not willing to pay for the mains which were still on the table and hardly touched.
The bill showed that 1 one main meal was removed but not the other and not the nan
I examined that I was not willing to pay for the other sub standard meals and ask roped for the bill to be recalculated. After another 15 minutes I gave the cost of the meals, drinks etc that we had received and left!
At no time was any real effort made to apologise or explain and I will now have to find somewhere else to eat when requiring an Indian. I am extremely disappointed and disheartened!

2  Thank Garry D
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been using the Bengal for may years and find it consistently good staff are attentive and the décor and surroundings bright and comfortable but more important the Indian and Bangladeshi food choices are delicious It will remain my favourite for time to come

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Myself my wife and son ate here after going to gig at the George IV next door. We all felt very uncomfortable throughout the meal due to one of the waiters continually staring over at us, very strange ? The meals were OK nothing special but all contained to much oil. Not bad value but would definitely try somewhere different next time

Reviewed 4 January 2014

For me and my family in general, the Bengal is something of favourite. My grandad had a meal there on its opening night, his sons have always eaten there, and every one of the my nine cousins holds it as the best curry they have ever known, (myself included). Even my great grandmother has eaten there, meaning four generations of Rule's have sat down and enjoyed themselves in this great restaurant. And no, we have never been disappointed.

The food here is obviously special, (not the same old stuff that is found in the average curry house), and the service always warm. The owner himself, (once the nephew of the boss when grandad first came here), will treat like family as he has always us.

I am not fond of gushing so forgive me, but I must say, the Bengal is something special.