“Excellent!”

Price range: US$15 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have just eaten possibly the best meal I've ever had eating out. Very friendly and approachable staff. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Wazuke

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went for lunch and can honestly say lovely food and great value for money. Handmade chips were the best I have ever tasted and Cajun sandwich amazing. Definitely like to go back for evening meal and would recommend to friends.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Visited here with my wife and two friends last Saturday night. Upon entering it was obvious that this was a very popular venue for the locals with great atmosphere. Warmly welcomed and shown to our table we perused the menu which had an excellent choice across all three courses. It was noted that the meat was locally sourced from a well known local butcher. The service was prompt and the waitress was knowledgeable when questioned about different dishes. The food was excellent and there was a reasonable selection of wine on offer at sensible prices. All in all a great night out, thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The beer is the best I have had from a pub, Mark is almost OCD about the quality! Anyway, this is about the food. The menus is pretty standard for a local pub but the quality of the food is much better. The meat is sourced from a local butcher who in turn only uses local produce! Four of us had a meal, two had the sirloin steak and they both said it was spot on. I had the steak and ale pie, very tasty with the meat falling apart and no fatty bits! The gammon was also very succulent, not salty at all like some places and a very generous portion. Finally the chips are proper home cooked chips, done to perfection! For a small local pub they have a great chef! They do not serve food past 8 but we stayed in the bar area all night and they kept bringing us drinks all night. All in all a great night out, not too expensive, service was great!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went with friends on a Saturday night, this was my first time here in far too many years, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, excellent choice across all three courses - I recommend the Arancini balls, wonderful starter, that the majority of our party enjoyed. Previous reviews have commented on the quality of the onion rings served and I have to say they were spot on! These are superb onion rings - the rest of main main was also very good, lovely chips, nice steak etc. etc. All excellent and add in a good atmosphere, well worth going back again. Thoroughly enjoyable and I would recommend this as a nice venue for a good night out.