“disapointed!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 149 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Balti, Bangladeshi, Indian, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1996 this family owned award winning Balti Restaurant has been proudly serving the customers of Sutton Coldfield and Lichfield for 19 years. The restaurant prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients in all the dishes served. We aim to provide the best possible service and value for money. The restaurant is unlicensed and you are welcome to bring your own alcoholic drinks.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“disapointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Myself and my husband visited here after reading all the amazing reviews on tripadvisor; wanting to try something new we booked a table. I have got to say it was probably the worst curry i've ever had! we both had different curry's but they tasted very similar! my husbands bhuna was like tomato soup with no mushrooms or onions?? naan breads were nice. Nargis kebab was dry and over cooked.

The service. A lot of older men walking around doing nothing when our dirty plates were clearly visible on the table. I asked one of them to take the plates and he went off to get one of the younger members of staff. I'm not sure whether the older staff were there to shadow because they didn't seem to be doing anything....

Being new to the restaurant, we did not know we had to bring our own drinks and this was never said when we booked over the phone. If we had known........ instead we drank coke because they don't serve alcohol at all.

To be honest, me and myself felt that local people go there because they can bring there own drinks and get drunk making it a cheap night out. Me and my husband have been to most local curry houses and we will certainly not be returning here.

Also, we found it very awkward paying the bill! an older man took our receipt and held onto the machine asking us how much tip we wanted to give so he could type it into the machine. Me and my husband were put on the spot, usually the machine is passed to the customer for them to decide and input how much they wish to tip!

Next day, we both had extreme stomach aches and felt bloated and ill!

Maybe we went on a bad day? I'm disappointed that this could not be a better review.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Roberts1308

Great Barr, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food at a superb price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

A group of 4 of us visited the Lodge on Friday evening, we were seated promptly and greeted with a warm welcome. We all had starters, mains and sides all of which were tasty and presented to the highest standard.
Even though it was busy we were not kept waiting and again I could not fault a thing especially the price which worked out at less than £15 a head.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Adam V
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Repeat Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I've lost count the amount of times I've visited The Lodge Balti Restaurant and everytime its been excellent. Previously one might have argued that the portion sizes were on the small side, but the quality was never disputed. This evening the portion size topic was firmly laid to rest with all six friends commenting on a good size.

The staff are friendly and helpful, happy to talk though the menu and offer advice where needed.

Service is spot on, bit can be a little slow during busy periods BUT this only demonstrates the care and attention taken on the preparation and presentation of your meal.

We all enjoy eating here.

Retford, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went based on recommendation from Stuart at Swinfen Hall Hotel, and we couldn't have chosen better ourselves, we love our curry's and we had taken a short break to celebrate our wedding anniversary we have travelled from North Nottinghamshire and wanted to enjoy good food, and we certainly did, the food was excellent the atmosphere was good being very busy on a Monday evening the staff were friendly and excellent value for money.........if we are in the area again we would not hesitate to visit again

• Visited April 2014
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't go anywhere else for a curry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've lost count of the amount of times I have been to the Lodge, and I've also lost count of the amount of times I've walked out a very satisfied customer. The food is amazing, I simply cannot fault the service and the value for money is remarkable.
You are always greeted with a smile at the door, and the staff treat you like royalty.
Could not recommend the Lodge anymore if I tried, I adore the place and look forward to going everytime!!

• Visited April 2014