“Sunday Lunch”

and 1 more site!
St Johns House
Ranked #2 of 10 Lichfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went for Sunday lunch today, this place is a must, Fantastic food and superb attention. Well done to Dan and his team. Let's hope this monthly occasion becomes more regular.we will be looking to book next months sunday special.!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My 2nd visit to this place was 8/9 oct - my first a couple of years ago. I don't get to this part of the world very often, but i like this place so much i will have to look for an excuse for a repeat visit. Everything is right from the top quality mattress, towels and toiletries down to the fruit salad and fresh figs I had before my classic English breakfast. I agree, its the only place to stay in Lichfield f you are interested in quality, and you don't get Bankers pay and bonuses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having tried numerous hotels in Lichfield in recent years, this is without the best in fact only choice to make. Good location, plenty of parkin, always a warm reception and superb standards. Rooms are always spotless. For breakfast I recommend scrambled egg and smoked salmon, always cooked to perfection.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Quality of the room was excellent but the owners had left the under floor heating too long so very uncomfortable nights sleep for my pregnant wife and I.

Wheilst checking in we received a very warm reception but felt very indifferent at breakfast. No welcome from the gentlemen working the breakfast room (in white trainers, jeans, checked shirt - not very smart appearance for the establishments reputation), not even a 'good morning'. Long wait for breakfast which arrived with a good appearance but cold scrambled egg, which we pretty disheartening when you have been waiting with anticipation.

All in all you won't find anywhere better in Lichfield but for the cost feel let down.

Room Tip: The garden room is quite amazing but very very hot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCM0505
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed for one night while attending a wedding nearby. When we arrived we were greeted with a warm welcome and a room upgrade! The room we had booked was being decorated so they put us in the Peacock. Well, the room certainly didn't disappoint. Gorgeous Victorian building with features beautifully restored. The lounge and bar as looked perfect for relaxing but we headed straight out to the wedding. The next day we had breakfast with some friends and it was excellent. A family run business with luxury running throughout. Would hesitate to stay here again, I wish all B&Bs were this nice!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Myself & my partner visited at the end of August 2013. We stayed for 2 nights and found St Johns house to live up to all our expectations (exceeding some). It was a real treat, staying at St Johns house, the breakfast was amazing and I would recommend the Eggs Benedict. The room we had was the Victoria with the big bathroom.The room was comfortable and although not one of the biggest you can book, not small or in any way disappointing. I would say do not be put off by it not being an en-suite, we did not find this a chore in any way. However, I want to go again and try a different room... it is all so beautiful inside.

I would stay again and have already recommended it to others. The owner was really helpful and went out of his way to make the stay amazing. This is a must stay place ... go to just lie in bed (after breakfast of course) or visit lovely Lichfield. Your choice, but really just ... GO!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed two nights at St John's House and would wholeheartedly recommend it. We were welcomed by Dan to our room in the stable block. It was nicely kitted out with extremely comfortable beds, plenty of space and a well appointed bathroom. The room had some thoughtful touches such as the fresh milk in the fridge and a detailed guest file. There was plenty of on site parking and the location is incredibly convenient for Lichfield city centre, and the train station is within a few minutes walk. Breakfast is among the best I have had. My husband said his Eggs Benedict was excellent and each day there was a different selection of lovely breads, pastries and fruit.
As we were leaving I accidentally left a pair of favourite earrings on the bedside table in the room. The whole atmosphere in St John's House meant that I didn't doubt they would be found and returned to me and of course they were!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lichfield
The Cathedral Hotel
Swinfen Hall Hotel
Swinfen Hall Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lichfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to St Johns House? Share your experiences!