Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
US$216
The Cathedral Hotel(Lichfield)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$92
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsscrambled eggsfrankie and bennysbeansroom was cleandrayton manorretail parktoll roadthe sofa bedcroissantsfree wifibreakfast was includedtheme parkcosta coffeereception staffwhat it says on the tinhot breakfaststayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had a great time at the holiday inn with all my friends who were there for the visit to alrewas memorial last year the disabled room was just right for me a little bit small for my big electric wheelchair but hey not everybody has one thats just right for the occasion, the food was ok I heard no complaints to the staff when I was at breakfast, and the staff well they were bloody great no problem at all with any requests and they coped very well with the Airborne Forces visit that weekend, and also come this weekend June 21st they will be bombarded again with the Parachute Regiment lads and wife's when we will be at the memorial at alrewas which is to be an Annual event from now on.

Room Tip: when Booking ask the staff to help you choose the room that you require for Your peace of mind if you require a bigger room be prepared to spend a little more for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
AlexPrice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Robbie,

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

We discuss customer feedback on a daily basis and I can assure you that your comments have been shared with the hotel team.

Kind Regards

Alex

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this property in May 2013. To say the least, I was very disappointed in the room, service and breakfast. First of all the room was very small for the cost. Being from the US, I expected the room to be a little smaller than I am use to, however, I did expect the quality service associated with the Holiday Inn brand. The room was tolerable because without a doubt, it was very clean. Since there were three of us in the room (and we paid dearly for the third person), the couch bed was let out. This absorbed a great deal of the space in the room. The room was far too small for three people to find any degree of comfort. The mattresses were very thin...the thinnest I have experienced in any Holiday Inn Express.

Since we were in the UK to visit friends and to site see, we did not want to focus endlessly on the short comings in the room. We decided to be in the room as little as possible. We did look forward to breakfast only to be disappointed with that as well. The sausages were over cooked, the eggs dry and the bread often burned every morning. One morning there was no difference between water and the apple juice. That was corrected so my breakfast consisted of juice each morning...nothing else. The coffee is horrible and you will do better to use the freezed dry coffee provided in the room. It is much better. There is a selection of three or four cold cereals, yogurt, bananas, apples and canned pears and grapefruit. If you must eat, go for the cold breakfast and forget what they call an "English breakfast"

Unlike some other reviewers, I found the service to be poor. There was one really pleasant staff person at the front desk each evening. She was the most friendly contact in the hotel that we had.

I will be returning to the UK, but I will select another place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MainIngredient
CarlaBarratt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

I apologise that you found the size of the room too small for your requirements, from experience, the size of these rooms are consistent with other Holiday Inn Express properties in the UK.

Your feedback regarding breakfast has been taken on board and we are looking at other options for food available via our suppliers.

I am disappointed that you found the service to be poor and can assure you that this will be looked into.

Kindest Regard

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Me and my fiance stayed here as we were attending a wedding in Alrewas which is very near, and this was the cheapest hotel. We have stayed in many holiday Inn Express's before but this one was one of the worst.
The room was shabby, had to ask for soap and shower gel as it had run out, rips in the sheets and a horrid brown stain on the sofa.
The breakfast was cold, a sausage, scrambled egg and beans - a full English does not make.
The staff were the saving grace, they were polite, kind and really friendly. They couldn't be more helpful.
A disappointing stay but felt very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

I am delighted that you found my team at the hotel to be polite, kind and friendly as this is the service that we aim to offer at all times. I shall certainly pass this feedback on to them for you.

I am sorry that there were elements of you room that were not to the standard expected, I shall certainly be speaking with the Head Housekeeper regarding these issues as they are not the standards we pride ourselves on.

With regards to breakfast we offer a complimentary Continental Breakfast with Hot Favourites, and these include Sausages, Scrambled Eggs and Baked Beans. We do not offer a full English Breakfast.

Your feedback is of great value and we will ensure that the negative aspects are dealt with.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Staying at Lichfield Holiday Inn for a wedding, I was very pleased at the cheap price and convenient location. Our stay actually wasn't bad (though bear in mind we were hardly in the hotel). However, 3 weeks before the stay I phoned to enquire whether there would be a room to leave our bags as we needed to drop them off before check in time. A lovely girl on the phone said it would be fine and made a note on our booking. We arrived on the day to be told our room was actually ready and we could check in. Great!

Imagine my surprise however, to find out the next day that we were to be charged £15 for the luxury of checking in, despite NOT asking for early check in and NOT being informed of this charge on the phone OR at the time of checking in. When I questioned it, the girl on reception was incredibly rude about it and said I'd be contacted by the manager. I haven't been contacted by the manager, instead found a charge of £15 on my credit card 5 days later. I am appalled at this. I stay in hundreds of hotels for work and have never been charged for early check in if the room has actually been ready - and the ironic thing was we didn't need a room in the first place, just a place to leave bags. This ruined a lovely weekend at an otherwise satisfactory hotel, and I will be taking this up with the manager.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be of good value and in a convenient location.

With regards to the early check in fee, we do offer the additional facility of checking in before the guaranteed time of 3.00pm, subject to availability. This charge is £15.00 and is communicated at the time of making the reservation or at check in. Please accept my sincere apologies that this was not the case when you arrived. This has now been credited to your account.

If I can help with any other matter please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Not expecting a huge amount as the room was purchased at an extremely good rate (45). The room was a good size and clean, however the bed very uncomfortable (i believe the mattress could do with being replaced) and the room was very warm (there was no aircon).
It is very very noisy in the morning - the walls are obviously very thin - we were beneath a family and we could hear their conversation easily and their children walking about. Doors being slammed at 7am woke us both up. Breakfast was awful, with the 'hot' offering being very very poor quality and the continental equally bad - especially the 'croissants' which were so hard they would break windows. Tables were dirty and there seemed to be very few staff members on hand to sort the cleaning / replacement of breakfast - we ended up having toast and tea in the mcdonalds next door.
I do stay reasonably regularly in holiday inns with business - this was one a real let down. I am glad we didnt have to pay the full price of a room

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank VTP1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Lichfield.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and has also been passed on to the relevant departments for ways to improve the service that we offer.

Should your travels bring you back to Lichfield I hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.