Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Cathedral Hotel(Lichfield)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$85
  • Restaurant
US$92
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsscrambled eggsfrankie and bennysbeansroom was cleandrayton manorretail parktoll roadthe sofa bedcroissantsfree wifibreakfast was includedtheme parkcosta coffeereception staffwhat it says on the tinhot breakfaststayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I usually stay at Holiday Inns in North America but this was my first and last HI in the UK for the sole reason of not accomodating families better. The double room with sofa was the only option to fit 2 adults and 2 teens. Not exactly great but we tried it once. The sofabed was a typical uncomfortable sofabed. I found this hotel quite noisy being next to the Bypass, but expected. The breakfast food was good, the dining area could accomodate a larger crowd and there was a TV to watch as you ate. Nice touch. The rest of our holiday had to be spent at Premier Inns where the rooms are larger for families and the value for money is there.

Room Tip: Don't chose if you need space for a family and don't want to pay for an extra room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AlexPrice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear customer.

Thank you for leaving a review.

I am genuinely sorry to learn of your disappointment following your recent stay with us. Whilst we are part of the Holiday Inn brand family, Holiday Inn Express is a brand by itself offering different facilities to that of the traditional Holiday Inn.

We pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience and offering good value to our customers and we would always encourage customers to come and talk to us if there is any aspect of their stay that we can help with.

I trust that my response assures you of our commitment to guest satisfaction and I hope that you will reconsider your brand preference in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff were very friendly and room was spotlessly clean. It was a little noisy as there were roadworks nearby at the time, but obviously wasn't the fault of the hotel. Bed was comfortable and the shower was good. Breakfast was nothing special but it was included in the price which was very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear customer.

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad you had a good experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel as I had an early business meeting nearby. I'm sorry to say that this hotel clearly hasn't had any investment since it was built. Peeling wallpaper, stained and ripped covers on couches. I wasn't informed about the major roadworks happening for several months right next to the hotel, with a several mile detour to actually get to it. The hotel isn't worth the £69 a night they are charging. There are several similar priced hotels nearby and I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear customer.

Whilst for the majority of customers a successful hotel stay is made up of many factors I am disappointed to learn that your impression of the hotel didn't meet with the high standards that we work to provide.

Indeed we are starting a phase of hotel investment that will see a replacement of all of our beds, carpets, bedroom decoration, replacement of the hotel TV's and a range of other improvements.

I am sorry that the roadworks, part of the Governments A5 Pinch Point improvements impacted on your stay. We have worked closely with the contractors to minimise the disruption to our customers but unfortunately the program of works has gone significantly over schedule.

I hope my response assures you of our total commitment to guest satisfaction and I would ask that you contact me or any member of the hotel team if we can help you on a return visit to Lichfield.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose this hotel as it was nearby Packington Moor for a wedding (4 miles away) We stayed for 2 nights at a cost of £108 for 2 with breakfast each morning. As always with Holiday Inn's there was a warm welcome, quick check-in etc.

Yes the rooms are uniform - but they are a hotel chain... of course they are the same! We stayed in room 234. It was clean, well appointed, comfortable bed, free WiFi, excellent power shower. The only problem is no Air Conditioning, but this was quickly helped by the excellent staff who gave us a fan! We also needed an iron to sort our wedding attire which was also quickly aided.

Breakfast was good too, a welcoming smile, complimentary newspapers and hot and cold options - all superb.

We also used the adjacent Virgin Active Gym for a supplementary of £7.50 each for our stay - which was an excellent facility and was readily available and duly organised by the reception team.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, and advise people to ignore the comments of a B&B, poor quality rooms, rude staff, rubbish breakfast - clearly you expect a 5 star London Boutique Hotel!

Superb stay! Thank You!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Baggyboy2011

Thanks you for leaving such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience and I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

It is great to see that the team have reacted quickly and efficiently to your requests and I can assure you that your comments will be shared amongst the hotel team.

We look forward to seeing you for your next visit to Lichfield.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We chose this Hotel as it was near the M6 Toll road and I wanted to break my journey from Scotland. We have always found Holiday Inns clean and comfortable and this was no exception. Large bright comfortable rooms with WiFi. Nice bathroom. Good breakfast in a large area near reception. There is a Frankie & Bennys restaurants and a McDonalds across the road so plenty of choice for Dinner. Recommended.

Room Tip: Some travellers have commented on traffic noise. We did not notice this but we were in a room on the other side of Hotel from Main road so maybe worth asking for this.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AlexPrice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lichfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for leaving a review.

I am pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable experience whilst staying with us.

We value guest feedback and look forward to welcoming you for your next visit to the area.

As a regular hotel user you may wish to consider joining IHG Rewards Club as you can collect points when staying with our brands and redeem these for great rewards.