“B&B Bliss”
Review of The Bogey Hole B&B

The Bogey Hole B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lichfield
The Bogey Hole B&B
Ranked #6 of 10 Lichfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

When I walked in I was taken aback by how gorgeous this B&B is, not only beautiful but also spotlessly clean and cosy.
My room was spacious and everything worked perfectly (I've been in so many B&Bs where that wasn't the case) and literally everything had been provided, including a torch (!) which was hanging on the inside of the door. Real attention to detail here.
It was blissfully quiet with a wonderful garden view from the windows.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious, with a wide variety of food.
As for the owners, they couldn't have been more helpful or kind.
Pauline even gave me two boiled eggs and an apple to take with me to keep me going on my on my walk. No charge.
This B&B is a real find and the central location (right by the cathedral) couldn't be better.

Maurice

Room Tip: Unless you are a good sleeper avoid accommodation near very busy roads as noise can be a big problem...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Bogey Hole B&B

Reviewed 27 February 2014

A friend and I stumbled across this hidden Gem of a B&B when looking for accommodation in the region to break up a bit of a round-robin tour of local military museums as part of a trip to an Auction in nearby Stone the next day.

And we were very glad that we did.

From arrival and Pauline's insistence on giving up her own parking space for my friends car, to the breakfast next day, the experience has to be in my top ten of B&Bs.

The building itself is quaint and quirky, as you would expect, but spotlessly clean and my room was equipped with a modern ensuite that I couldn't fault.

The building is apparently haunted, and is mentioned on the local ghost walk, and the proprietor herself will regale you with a tale of a ghostly monk if you really force her arm.

To sum up, superb location, fantastic facilities, great breakfast and really pleasant and attentive proprietor.

I hesitate to do it, but I have to highly recommend. The only reason I hesitate is we intend to return with our respective partners so I don't want it to book up !

And finally, Pauline, don't modernise !! The quaint traditional charm of the place and it's architecture is what makes it what it is !!!!

Our thanks for a wonderful stay, hope to see you again soon.

Adam & Martyn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We decided to stop in Lichfield over night for a concert at the Cathedral, so looking at for various hotels and B@B in the location came across The Bogey Hole, we rang and booked after reading good reviews, and we so glad we did, its an absolute gem of a place, Pauline could not be more helpfull, faultless clean and warm room, A comfortable bed and great shower, tea making facilites and upstairs a small lounge and kitchen with a fridge and microwave for guests to use,so if we wanted to bring food back we were welcome to use the facilities, the breakfast was spot on , the honey was made by her friend too. we wished we stopped for 2 nights, highly recommended, very friendly as were all the pubs and inns..oh its about 500 yard from the cathedral too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauljames5
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Like other reviewers, I wish we could have stayed more than one night here, not least because Lichfield itself has so much to offer. My wife and I needed somewhere to stay to break a long journey from Aberdeenshire to Gloucestershire. We arrived at about 20.00 and could not find Dam Street. So, we parked in the main car park and called. In fact, we were only 200 metres away. Mr Duval kindly came out and guided us round the one-way system to a parking slot on the other side of some bollards just 50 metres from where we had been. This was particularly noble of him as we took him away from watching England's crucial World Cup qualifying match against Poland.

Pauline Duval was ill in bed but we were very well looked after by her husband. Our room was quite small but perfectly adequate. The bed was comfortable and the shower not the tepid dribble which still seems all too common in British guest houses. The food at breakfast was wide-ranging and delicious. We were also lucky to have it with a delightful architectural historian who was able to add to the useful information about Lichfield Cathedral given to us by our host.

If you come and stay, don't rush away as we had to. The cathedral alone is worth at least a half-day visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Molepolole
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My friend and I booked a one-night stay at the Bogey Hole, loved it and really wished we could have stayed longer. We've already agreed that next time we have a get-together between our respective homes in London and near Manchester we'll not only opt for Lichfield - a really enjoyable place to visit - but choose the Bogey Hole again.
The B&B could not be more central, but as the street is pedestrianised it was very quiet.
We had a warm welcome from Pauline, and she showed us to our twin room with a view of the garden and the cathedral. The room was snug and warm, (it was freezing outside), nicely furnished and impeccably clean. Toiletries were provided and there was plentiful hot water. The beds were very comfortable and we both slept incredibly well. Breakfast was served in a conservatory full of beautiful things Pauline has made - clearly a very talented lady - and family photos, and we really felt we were guests in someone's home, a very nice feeling indeed. Pauline told us most of the breakfast came from local suppliers, and it was certainly delicious. Our room and breakfast cost £60, and was a real bargain. We heartily recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jan H
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay here but next door (25) but iv heard such great reviews from local friends and family on this place. Iv heard it has ghostly visitors now & then so I'm now thinking next time I visit family in lichfield I may stay one night to experiance this. If i have been informed in correctly please pm me. I have heard Dam street is haunted due to its history on the sieges on cathedral so ghost hunt is on my wish list next time

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank baztemple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Was pointed to this B&B via Tourist Advice. Really pleased with it. Felt like sharing someone's home and not the usual B&B feel. Was made really welcome and couldn't do enough for us. Even directed me through the bollards to her own personal parking space. Can't speak highly enough about this really central location and would have absolutely no problem with re-visiting - in fact, would really like to some time soon!

Room Tip: Ours was Room 4 and couldn't fault it. Looked out over main street but noise wasn't a proble...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple