“Restaurant review”

Add it.
Jaipur Cottage
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Four of us visited on the 18th August 2013 using our groupon voucher, we couldn't fault the food or the service, highly recommended

There are newer reviews for Jaipur Cottage

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Firstly - I have never posted a review on here before - but we were so unhappy with this meal and the service that I feel driven to do so .We ate here on 6 August . Having visited once before - and being disappointed - we thought we would give them another chance . So , I told the waiter that we did NOT want a lot of half cooked white cabbage in our vegetable biryani , as was the case last time . We waited a very long time for the food to arrive - and they brought us a vegetable biryani with - yes , you guessed it - a lot of white cabbage . In fact , for a dish called vegetable biryani , there were very few other vegetables - a few bits of sweetcorn , and tiny bits of other unidentified vegetables . White cabbage tastes quite sour in a ' curry ' I called the waiter and complained . He did not accept the complaint - and said that this ' was our style ' . I asked to see the manager . He said we should have told them before we ordered . I pointed out that we DID tell them before we ordered . I also pointed out that this was the middle of summer - and there were dozens of lovely vegetables in season to choose from . He somewhat sarcastically said - " the customer is always right " , and that he would see what he could do . About 15 minutes he returned with some fresh biryani sauce with a few bits of aubergine in . A slight improvement , but we had by now almost finished our rice .
On leaving I asked for the bill - and was not pleased to see we were being charged full price for everything . I complained about this - but the manager was not offering any refund . I said I refused to pay full price , and that I would offer £15 of the £23 asked . He was not nice about this , and said it was " unfair " . But he agreed .
As vegetarians we have eaten lots of vegetable biryanis in lots of restaurants - and have never had anything so poor as this . We asked them not to give us a load of white cabbage - and they gave us a load of ( cheap ) white cabbage - and made us wait a long time for it . I am sure other diners meals were fine - but ours was not . And the response to our complaints was met with hostility and denial .

Reviewed 13 August 2013

What else can be said - the variety of food available and portion size are good, and the idea of a complimentary brandy or Bailey's is a nice touch. We went with friends and a Groupon voucher, ordering starter and main course each. While we waited for our starters they brought us complimentary poppadoms and chutneys.

1  Thank JABKingsBromley
Reviewed 27 July 2013

we always go to jaipur when passing through alrewas on the boat. Always good, plenty of food, plenty of variety. Staff attentative but not on top of you. Chosen wine not available but as we are over 18 were perfectly able to choose an alternative. Popadoms and chutneys very tasty. We had chilli garlic lamb, veg bhuna, muttar paneer, and garlic naan. All very tasty.

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We go here nearly every other Friday night and have done for a few years.we take our six year son who was in a high chair when we first took him.he loves it and all the staff make a fuss of him every time we go.we go because it is local, cheap and have never had a bad meal.now and again the service can be a bit slow when it is busy but that never bothers us.