“Don't bother!”

Add it.
Jaipur Cottage
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Poor food, had two spirits and mixers, both were flat, apparently they use two litre bottles of lemonade and coke, service a bit slow, came away with indigestion, very disappointed!

2  Thank jools1x

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We booked this via Groupon, we were expecting exactly what we got. The restaurant is large but looks tired, and very clinical, the benches reminded me of motorway service station booths. The waiters were attentive and service was relatively quick.However, the food was ok, nothing to write home about, just an average Indian meal.Only criticism was it was lukewarm when it came out.Rice was tepid, and my main was the same.I would not really visit again purely because there are better Indian Restaurants to visit. If it was my local curry house I would possibly visit, but wouldn't really want to pay their full menu price for what we got. I am sorry but it was all a bit disappointing.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal here tonight. Service was great, fab setting comfy seats spacious tables, amazing food
Thanks for a great night out!

1  Thank fn02lht
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Purchased a Groupon offer for the place to give it a try as I only live 5 mins away. I went with my husband and two friends.

The service was dreadful. After having poppadoms, some of our cutlery was taken away with our dirty plates etc which was fine, but unfortunately it was not replaced until our starters had been on the table 10 minutes! Even after asking for replacement pieces, we ended up taking some off a neighbouring table after waiting too long watching our food go cold. Even despite this delay in starting to eat, my husbands starter arrived after everyone else had finished theirs.

My husband had lamb chops to start and said they were the worst he has ever eaten (they should have been called 'rubber chops').

The main courses and sides arrived and there was plenty of food. Im a regular curry/ balti eater and visit a number of different indian type restaurants and I have to say the food wasn't terrible, it was just very average.

The restaurant was empty apart from our table so there was no atmosphere to speak of (and no excuse for poor service as the staff were not rushed off their feet!)

I think the staff wanted to give better service (they didnt have bad attitudes) but apart from one of them, they seemed a bit clueless as to what they needed to do.

I got home and can say the curry did not agree with me (this is highly unusual as I regularly eat this type of food).

I would have been even more disappointed if I had paid full price for the meal.

Glad I gave it a go as I now know not to go back there again.

1  Thank zca8930
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Six of us visited tonight on the Groupon Deal- excellent food and service. Would highly recommend even without the deal!!