“Lovely!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spark Lichfield - CLOSED

The Spark Lichfield
Cuisines: British, European, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: By day, The Spark is a continental cafe bar open for brunch, lunch and coffee. Come the weekend, we open the restaurant at night with an a la carte menu formal dining. Our chefs cook your dishes to order using quality ingredients from our local suppliers, giving us Taste of Staffordshire accreditation. Our drinks menu features wine from a local wine merchants, and espresso coffee sourced from an independent supplier. Whether you're visiting us for a pit-stop or enjoying a special dinner, we warmly welcome you to relax in our unique atmosphere.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My sister & I are regulars in The Spark Lichfield. The staff are always friendly and chatty towards us & other customers. We mainly visit for drinks & the liquid hot chocolate's are just to die for!! (the milk chocolate one is my favourite.)

We have also visited on several occasions for lunch. The sandwhiches are big and tasty! I personally recommend both the Fish Finger and the Pork Sausage sandwiches!!

We also had our birthday a couple of months ago and received a "Birthday E-mail" each for a free main course from their evening menu, we ended up having a 3 course meal, which we throughly enjoyed!! :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sejal P, Owner at The Spark Lichfield, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Hi LauraJayneH,

Thanks for the great review! We're always pleased to see you and are thankful for the continued support of regulars such as yourself.

Best wishes and see you soon,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently rented the upstairs room at Spark for my 40th birthday party. The whole thing couldn't have gone smoother, it's a great venue for such an event. The buffet I'd ordered was first class and many of the guests said how great it was. The layout of the building is such that the bar is downstairs, but the staff were super helpful, set up tabs for everyone and took orders. They even put up the decorations for us. I would not hesitate in recommending holding a special event here.

Hello Lilsimes,

Thanks for your review, and also for choosing us as venue for your birthday party! We all enjoyed having your group here and we're pleased to read that the buffet was 'first class'.

Best wishes and see you soon!

Leek
“Best sandwich in a long time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I visited Lichfield yesterday and came across this lovely place. I had a steak sandwich with caramelised onions and it was gorgeous! I could have eaten another but was stuffed! I also had a hot chocolate with the works which was also lovely!
The staff were friendly and there was a nice modern, relaxed feel about the place. My drink and sandwich came to £10.90 which I was happy to pay for the quality.
I would definitely visit here again the next time I'm in Lichfield.

Hello Abi G,

Thanks for your lovely review - it's great you enjoyed our steak sandwich and hot chocolate and we're pleased to read you'd return!

Best wishes,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Must listen to myself more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I has resisted eating here despite the glowing reviews as I thought it maybe trying to be something it definitely isn't.
I'd seen the menu, prices and the location and felt it had to fall short on all expectations.
My wife persuaded me to have breakfast there the other day.
In my opinion £17.50 to sit in what is basically a shop window to eat a very mediocre breakfast whilst my wife had an egg on dry bread which took 20 minutes to arrive despite the place being empty is some sort of a joke.
I can only assume its because most of the Sparks clients haven't been to an establishment that gives value and quality for money and isn't just another pretentious over priced con.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Beaubleep,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We were really sad to read your preconceptions – not only about us, but especially about our customers and it’s a shame we couldn’t change them on your visit.

Best wishes,

West Midlands
“The Best Buffet Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Held a 40th birthday party at this venue and it was great! Staff helped throughout planning stages and made it very easy to organise. On the day everything was amazing, all went to plan if not better. Venue has a wonderful relaxed feel but also has a licence so beers and wine could flow too. Everyone commented on how good the food was and I even got a text saying 'best buffet ever!' can't ask for more than that. Thank you so much to the staff at The Spark - we will be back, lots!!

• Visited September 2013
Sejal P, Owner at The Spark Lichfield, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Hi Emma N,

Thanks for choosing us to hold your surprise party and also your lovely review. We love 'best buffet ever!' and we're happy that we were able to help organise a very special party.

Thanks again and see you soon,