“Bit slow”

Ranked #59 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ember Inns pub
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friend and I visited here at around 3pm on a Monday afternoon therefore it was quite quiet inside however there was still a lovely atmosphere and nice background music. Everything was lovely apart from the service. We were only ordering a bowl of chips but whilst dealing with our order the lady decided to serve another customer; not the best display of customer service I've ever recieved. The chips took around 30 minutes to arrive as well, considering it was just chips I was anticipating around a 10 minute wait. Need to speed up!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've visited this pub three times now and it has an excellent and varied menu with a decent atmosphere. It falls under the management of Ember Inns.

I enjoyed one of the best fish pies I've ever had in a pub, and my girlfriend had a spinach and cheese tart which was really tasty and a decent vegetarian option (rare!). We then shared a combination between a millionaire shortbread and a chocolate brownie which was really good and truly one of the best puddings I've ever had!

Very nice little pub with lovely staff.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had lunch here - eventually. It took around fifteen minutes to actually place our order because staff were still being trained on newly installed tills. A forty five minute wait followed before our main course was served. Fifteen minutes after eating that there was still no sign of our pudding. On pointing this out to bar staff we were told that we would get it when our main course plates had been collected. It took another fifteen minutes or so to deliver the goods (ice cream !!!). Having got that off our chest we are happy to say that our food was very good and excellent value too. It's a pleasant place and despite the shortcomings in service the staff we encountered were friendly but flustered.

1  Thank LT170611
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Booked for family of 24 - everything was perfect. Staff very friendly, service was great, food was great. We know it's not easy to get food served for 24 people quick and hot, but this was achieved and all of us were very impressed. It was a really nice evening.

1  Thank Mini05
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Party of 24 adults on a Saturday evening. Food perfect, service before (pre ordered food) and during the evening wonderful. Thanks to Mo, our waiter (sorry can't remember his name) and the rest of the staff. Will be returning.

1  Thank Leanne2015