“Manager attitude!”

Ranked #33 of 165 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Came here for a girls lunch with some special friends. We were the only table in. Manager clearly didn't want to be there, bad attitude! I sent my steak back, severely overcooked, to be fair he agreed and replaced and didn't charge for it. Would have been nice if he'd been a bit more attentive. Other meals were superb and will definitely give it another chance!!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was our second time at the Wine House. The atmosphere here is very good. The food was very enjoyable and of good quality. Service is friendly, efficient and informal. The restaurant was very busy and was a little on the hot side. They could do with some fans in there as during the summer this might be a problem. If you want a good night out with good food in a nice atmosphere, this is definitely one to try.

4  Thank CruisingBrian
Reviewed 16 April 2013

A couple of months ago I found myself looking for a meal in Lichfield at the unearthly early hour of 6pm.
I tried the Wine House to be told they were full. Well it was very evident that they were. How? Six on a saturday evening and the place was bursting, and all the other Lichfield restaurants were still empty.
I now know. Wonderful food, professional and friendly service, a reasonably priced and interesting wine list. This ticks about every box I have for a very enjoyable evening.
Started with scallops. They were lightly seared and otherwise plump, soft and flavoursome.
Followed with fillet steak - very rare. This arrived as described (unusual in the UK). Again, full on flavour and oh so tender.
Booking necessary if you want to dine here and its well worth the effort

3  Thank NickDidThat
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Lovely restaurant, good service and fabulous food. A bit pricey but well worth the money. Need to book well in advance. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Janetbenton
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Off to the Far East in a couple of weeks time, I needed a venue where I could be sure of Five Star Service and First Class Cuisine, luckily The Wine House fitted the bill perfectly.

I arrived early, a cup of freshly ground coffee to start, excellent ,

My colleague arriving a short time later, we chose a bottle of Krug, a perfect start to our lunch, especially when the Chef offered Canapés consisting of Tiger Prawns with a Horseradish Dip and a Mackeral Pâté en croute,

To start, I chose the Duck Spring Roll accompanied with a Sweet Chilli Dip, well cooked, beautiful flavour combinations, my friend a Pork Terrine served with a Waldorf Salad, both dishes well executed, to drink, a Chassagne Montrachet, 2007,

For Main Course, we both chose the Rack of Lamb, again beautifully cooked, served pink, with a Red Wine Jus and Green Pod Vegetables, a well crafted dish cooked with an extremely high level of expertise, to drink a bottle of the Corton 2008, sublime.

Well done to Steve Small, a Chef operating at the cutting edge of fine dining, an absolute joy to be able to experience in Lichfield of all places, well complimented by a Masterclass in patience and understated professiional service by Chris, front of house.....

Thank you....a perfect send off,

1  Thank Errazuriz