“Lovely evening just one desert let it down”
Review of The Wine House

The Wine House
Ranked #29 of 162 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a lovely evening with friends a the Wine House on Saturday. Had not been to Lichfield on a night out for some years and thought the Wine House had a lovely ambience alongside it is nicely set out with the tables not feeling on top of one another. Some of us did struggle to read the menu type but put this down to our age! We were impressed with our food and how it was presented. All was lovely except for my friends desert which was some mini doughnuts which was described as served with white chocolate sauce. The chocolate sauce was a smudging on the plate for the doughnut to rest on. My friend was displeased with this and felt the doughnuts were dry; her husband ate them as he has a sweet tooth where deserts are concerned whereas I would have sent them back personally. The waitress did ask how our meal was and I pointed out the dryness of the desert; I saw her go and tell somebody else but she never came to our table to respond to what I had pointed out which I feel lacks customer service. Nevertheless I would return here again; as a group of friends we like nice food and could not fault anything else.

1  Thank 187Gail

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Went for dinner here recently, and this is a truly superb dining experience. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. The service, by the two waitresses on duty, was second to none as they were polite, courteous and attentive. without being overbearing. Having said that i had two minor gripes. 1. The printed type on the menus was tiny and coupled with the subdued lighting, made them rather difficult to read. 2. Although the waitresses were very professional they appeared to have little knowledge of the wines. An establishment of this undoubted quality and reputation really should have a wine waiter to help and advise customers. It would make a difference and enhance this excellent restaurant. All in all, though, this really is a great place to eat.

1  Thank Graham G
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had Sunday lunch here. Set meal has plenty of choice and both starter and main were excellent! Friendly staff and a very relaxing enjoyable atmosphere. The wine was also lovely, maybe next time we will try the cocktails. Would definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Hellsbellsh
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Popped in after being turned away from Chandlers at 2pm
Glad they turned us away, we had a superb lunch, excellent service, lovely wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, it's pricey but well worth the expense.

2  Thank Hoppo74
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second dining experience at the wine house and I'm pleased to say yet another excellent meal. The lunchtime 2 courses for £12 is great value for such good food. Nice pleasant atmosphere, great food and nice friendly staff! I would definitely recommend dining here.