“Not the same since the owners changed”

The Pear Tree Creperie
Ranked #25 of 159 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Delicious fresh Crepes and Galettes prepared by our award winning and fully qualified team. "Good Morning" Crepes, freshly made Soups, Daytime set meals, Evening set meals, French pastries, teas, coffees and much more. We cater for vegetarians, and offer gluten free and dairy free choices. The Pear Tree Creperie is available for evening hire with Bespoke dining with advanced notice of your requirements. We are fully licensed to serve alcoholic beverages, we also offer wheelchair and pushchair access. During very busy periods a call back service is available via your mobile so you can carry on shopping in the many boutique shops and outlets around the Shopping Village until a table becomes available.
“Not the same since the owners changed”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to this restaurant for over 20 years. Service is always excellent when Lynette the manager is there but it lets itself down badly when she's not there, staff stand around by the till and it's hard to get their attention. Th current owner does nothing to recognise regular guests in fact i find her quite rude! The food is and has been consistently fabulous, nothing has changed there and no doubt I'll be going for another 20 years.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Hoppo74
Sheila L, Owner at The Pear Tree Creperie, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our restaurant. I am certainly disappointed that your visit was not all that it could have been.

I am delighted that you found the food to be as good as it has always been, and you have enjoyed coming for the last 20 years.

I have always tried to welcome as many diners as possible, as we are a family run business, which I took over from the previous owners in 2006, and every customer is very important to us.

The staff only stand by the counter when they are waiting to either take food to a table, or to take customers orders.

Once again, please accept my apologies, and as you say I hope you continue to visit us for the next 20 years.

Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food and fantastic atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Love to visit once in a while for lunch and we are never let down. Very friendly team always make us feel welcome and the food is always of a high standard. Even the salads amaze , simple but with fantastic dressings.

Take advantage of any of there meal offers... they will be well worth it!

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our restaurant, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your last visit to us.

The staff and I continually strive to make our customers visits a pleasing experience, and maintain the highest standards for our food and service.
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place for an afternoon out with the girls but make sure you book!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is my favourite place to go for a little indulgence. It is difficult to get a table at lunchtime especially on a nice day so make sure that you book in advance.

The menu contains more crepe toppings than you could ever wish for. I have tried several but my personal favourites are ham, egg and cheese if im in a savoury mood or bananas and chocolate sauce if im feeling something sweet.

Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Birthday Treat!!!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and daughter took me to the Pear Tree Creperie for my Birthday surprise. What more could I have wanted shopping and a fabulous meal. The friendly staff made it extra special as they really could not do enough for us. The meal was delicious and even my fussy 9 year old daughter loved it. Will definately come back again to this friendly and great value for money restaurant.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Everyone I know loves this place!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just want to say this place is great. I challenge anyone to work out not licking their lips. Delicious food for a good price!!!
On my visit I was welcomed at the door by a young waitress with a welcoming smile. The place was busy but she found us a great table tucked away upstairs. I would recommend booking on busier weekend days but we always seem to get a table. Once ordered the food came quickly and it tasted as good as ever. I have been visiting the restaurant for a long time and food and service has always stayed consistently good.
I would recommend the Pear tree for it's individual food, a great atmosphere plus the fact that there are shopping outlets surrounding it!!

1 Thank rebecca M