“Visit to Lichfield - Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The garrick coffee shop

The garrick coffee shop
Ranked #8 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Lichfield
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Visit to Lichfield - Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Today I came into Lichfield with friends from Derby to visit the cathedral, on the way up we chose to have lunch at The Garrick Coffee Shop. First of all we were greeted with a nice and polite welcome from the waitress who told us to take a seat and she would come and take our order, this was with a smile (which is always nice to see).Very quick service and good quality coffee and tea, ordered our food which was with us within 10 minutes, it was very good quality with a good choice on the menu. The salad was very fresh which was very nice as normally I would leave it because if it isn't fresh I don't enjoy it. After visiting the cathedral we decided to go back to the coffee shop for some tea and cake, the cake was homemade (which you could tell) and very enjoyable. From great service to great food, me and my friends recommend you visit The Garrick Coffee Shop!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Bank Hol visit with baby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here a couple of times now the most recent being May bank Hol & we were very happy with our lunch.

Hubby had a huge all day breakfast (he commented it was the best he's eaten in a long time!) I ordered a ham salad & we both commented about the good quality of the ham. Our toddler had a lovely fresh ham sandwich which the waitress organised for us (there wasn't a kids menu so straight away she offered us a children's size portion for £1.50) which I thought was really good.

We sat outside in the sunshine, experienced very quick service & would be more than happy to return again.

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Give this place a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Having read the only other review you have of this restaurant I feel compelled to add my agreement. I can remember having a very positive experience at the Garrick a long while ago, but I visited again recently to find it had changed hands. The woman who served us had far too much to say and was very pushy, trying to persuade us to have more than we'd intended. We were served quite quickly because they weren't busy at the time, but my friend specifically asked for brown bread and was given white, and it was the worst cup of coffee any of us had ever tasted in a restaurant. Sorry, but wild horses wouldn't drag me back in there again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Barbara T
Dover, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a fabulous setting near the Cathedral and a wonderful old building but that is where the praise stops. What an awful experience. It was overcrowded the few staff were totally overwhelmed. The delay in getting food was ridiculous almost 40 minutes told 10. The food was awful. The toast burnt beyond belief and shouldn't have been served. The bacon overcooked the egg undercooked the beans cold and I mean cold. Yes it's a popular place but they better be relying on new customers as I doubt anyone who has tried it will return. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

• Visited February 2013